WAG approaching judges table after final salute

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The score input person will stack them with the cards unless the coach says no thanks. I find it extremely hard to believe that they weren't giving them out at the judges table because that is how we do every meet in our state. There is no way to do it at the end that wouldn't be chaos. It would be hard to notice if your team didn't do it and the score input people were just handing it to the coach or kids quickly at the end of the rotation.

My girls competed levels 2 and 3 last year and neither ever got ribbons except for placement awards (usually medals, sometimes ribbons below like 5th place).

We are in Va and the girls get ribbons at the judges tables and have awards with medals at the end of the meet. My dd competed level 3 last year

so, i wonder if due to the size of excalibur if they are allowed an exception to that rule for time constraints possibly?

i really think i would have noticed those being handed out. i hope someone else will chime in who was there and tell us their experience! don't know why it matters, but now i have to know! lol.

so, i wonder if due to the size of excalibur if they are allowed an exception to that rule for time constraints possibly?

i really think i would have noticed those being handed out. i hope someone else will chime in who was there and tell us their experience! don't know why it matters, but now i have to know! lol.

We went to Excalibur Cup when DD was L5 (old) and they definitely handed out placement ribbons for USAG (although it's been 4 or 5 yrs since we went). Like gymdog said -- it's required for sanctioned meets in the state. We have been to meets in VA where they ran out of ribbons before, so maybe that happened? I remember one time they ran out of blue ribbons at a meet and gave DD the choice of which one she wanted. She picked the rainbow color because it was the prettiest (it's normally awarded for scores under a 7 :p).

Reactions: sce
hmmm, i dont remember what session we were, but maybe they did run out. although, being that we were bronze, i think we probably would have been in some of the first sessions of xcel.

I forgot to say that it has been competitions in GA and AL where my girls haven't gotten these.

JO level 3 and 4 and bronze and silver (maybe other Xcel levels, can't remember) get achievement ribbons based on score throughout the meet. There are also awards at the end. A few states divide level 3 into achievement and placement, but that is fairly unusual. Achievement awards are given at any USAG sanctioned meet for those levels.

Not everywhere. I've never seen it at any of the meets I've attended or worked at (incl. L3 and 4). So it must be a regional thing.

It is for ribbons which are color coded based on their score. I didnt have to do this in meets but I have seen it on YouTube.

The only time my daughter received ribbons is when she competed AAU. All of our USAG meets have been for placement only.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket

I don't think they'd get an exception per she but it's possible they said at the coaches meetings "if everyone agrees we don't have to do ribbons to save time". Everyone would agree.

Heck at one meet last season we were asked if we were okay with x amount of warm up time (more than the USAG time set for that level). We all looked puzzled and were told "it's just a minimum and technically we can agree on whatever warmup time we want." I'm suspicious of the veracity of that, but whatever. Everyone agreed and my kids sat around because that much time was NOT needed.

VA here and my DD has always been handed achievement ribbons when she goes to sit beside the score person after each event. There have also always been placement awards at every meet at the end of each session where they give out medals.

Having been the score person numerous times as a volunteer... I think generally Level 5 and above just don't go get the ribbons. They usually rejoin their coach/team. I'm not sure about where the Xcel girls stop getting ribbons. Probably Gold or Platinum. I know I gave out to Bronze and Silver.

At the CGA Coaches Spectacular our girls were given ribbons at the end of each event. This is a USAG meet.

VA here and my DD has always been handed achievement ribbons when she goes to sit beside the score person after each event. There have also always been placement awards at every meet at the end of each session where they give out medals.

Having been the score person numerous times as a volunteer... I think generally Level 5 and above just don't go get the ribbons. They usually rejoin their coach/team. I'm not sure about where the Xcel girls stop getting ribbons. Probably Gold or Platinum. I know I gave out to Bronze and Silver.

Level 5 doesn't get them. The VA handbook says all levels of Xcel do, however in my experience gold and up don't really come over to get them.

For our achievement meets, an envelope is attached to the back of the score card and a ribbon is put in after the score is Written on the card. When the meet is over, the kids take the card and ribbons home.

Do your kids get score cards from most meets? My son got one at a meet in NC and I think that is it after 3 seasons competing. My older DD I think has gotten one with one season USAG and one season AAU. Younger DD I'm pretty sure has never gotten one - one year USAG and one AAU.

We get score cards after every meet. In level 3 DD received achievement ribbons but they were attached to the scores and hand out at the end of the meet.

My DD has always gotten her score cards. Except for this past year when her coach collected them instead to put together an end of season gift for her gymnasts.

Oh, wow....I've been going to meets since 1990 (24 years, omg!) and I don't think we've ever left without a card! I had no idea that wasn't done everywhere!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back