How to keep calm at a meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

raenndiva2009

So I have my first meet in a few weeks as a Level 4, and I have terrible nerves. How do I keep calm so I can do well? Also, how do you keep a leo from riding up? I had this problem a little bit last season. Thanks :)

Uhm... Definitely don't forget to eat something before the meet, I did that once and regretted it horribly!
It always helped me not to watch the other gymnasts at the meet perform, and instead focus on running through my routines in my head.

No idea about the leo, it just sort of happens and you ignore it, haha. A couple of years ago, I had to finish my floor routine with both of my butt cheeks showing because my leo decided to humiliate me! At least everyone watching had a good laugh!

Okay lol about the leo was it the wrong size?
No matter how perfectly a Leo fits, they all ride up at some point, lol!
Double stick tape helps with the wedgies, I've never used it though, I just spray it with hairspray.
As for the nerves, it's different for everyone. Some stay in their own bubble until they salute, others get pep talks from coaches. With experience you'll find out what works for you:)

My coaches sometimes give me (and all my teammates) a small pep talk, but I usually stay in my own little world until I have to salute, lol. But since it is my 2nd c ompetition season I think I will be more calm since I already had a full season for experience. But I don't know.

For nerves, I just tell myself to stay calm. Especially on beam, once you warm up, don't think about competing until it's time. Laugh, talk to your teammates and stay calm. If you think about being confident, it's more likely to happen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back