Coaches Xcel Silver - Floor Passes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CoachV

Coach
Hello all :)

I'm currently the head coach for a new Xcel group and I have a question regarding floor passes for the Silver Level.
A couple of my girls are not able to compete a solid round-off Back-Handspring pass (Required - 2 Acro skills connected. One with flight). I've been searching all over, but I can't figure out what would be an acceptable substituted pass. What skills are considered flight? I've found a Roundoff, Rebound, Backroll as an acceptable pass; But I'm not very found of that and looking for other options.

Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have a roundoff, rebound, back extension roll in my routine.

But I'd also suggest the front handspring step out into a cartwheel. It's pretty easy if the kids have a solid FHS! I'm not sure about the requirements either, because we have a different system here, but I looked up our requirements and for an Xcel Silver type floor routine, gymnasts need the exact same kind of floor pass.
Or maybe a FHS into a dive roll? Is the dive roll considered an acro element if a backwards roll is? I'd assume so.

Cartwheel BHS step out looks sharp

Cartwheel round off

backward roll BHS step out is cool if they can connect it well.

If they had a solid ROBHS, I would do a front handsprings stepout into a ROBHS. I have always liked that pass. Although yeah a front handspring stepout into a roundoff rebound seems good.

Cartwheel round off is the most common but you have to watch the foot placement into the round off. They need to plant their foot and not shuffle or move it because some judges will not give it connection.

All of my Xcel Silvers who do a FHS step out for their 2nd pass do a cartwheel connected to it just in case the flight is at all questionable. The girls doing FHS 2 feet just do it solo.
I have one girl who does hs fwd roll step out on 1 foot into a cartwheel, but she didn't get credit for it at our last meet because she put her foot down in between. So I'm brainstorming something new for her.

All of my Xcel Silvers who do a FHS step out for their 2nd pass do a cartwheel connected to it just in case the flight is at all questionable. The girls doing FHS 2 feet just do it solo.
I have one girl who does hs fwd roll step out on 1 foot into a cartwheel, but she didn't get credit for it at our last meet because she put her foot down in between. So I'm brainstorming something new for her.
What about a round off? It is a flight skill. She could do the he fwd roll step out into the round off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back