Off Topic Onesies vs Warm ups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LucyTRA

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I started the trampoline club at my University and thus I get to choose what we wear. As yet I have been very relaxed (I just wanted to get them out there competing, not freaking out about what to wear) but our second year is approaching and everyone wants to look nice and together for comps and freshers week.

We obvuously have a team leo but most of my girls are not comfortable running around in it - They want to represent the team but don't want to do it half naked, which I totally get (and agree with....). At comps this year they just wore whatever they wanted over the top - most wore a uni hoodie if they had one but these come in a rainbow of colours and do dont really look uniform. Lots of other unis have onesies that they wear to comps instead of warm ups which look really cool and my team are keen.

We have to keep costs super low for the students and I've found a way to get personalised onesies with the uni logo and individuals name on them for £30 (which is about half of what other unis pay...) but I'm interested to hear what people think. The other option is to have a top/hoodie/jacket and just get them to wear plain black yoga pants on the bottom, which I think would look more 'proffessional', but onesies are definitely more fun and easy accross both genders.

Opinions??

@bogwoppit haha my mum is of the same opinion as you! I guess I'm kinda 50:50, I think onesies would be cool but I get that they aren't exactly standard or professional looking.

My team are more resistant to getting ordinary warm ups because the cost is likely to be similar if not higher and they won't be personalised with names and exec positions. And they don't have the cool factor that will lure in freshers.

I guess the student in me loves the onesie idea but the coach and team captain would prefer warm ups!

@bogwoppit haha my mum is of the same opinion as you! I guess I'm kinda 50:50, I think onesies would be cool but I get that they aren't exactly standard or professional looking.

My team are more resistant to getting ordinary warm ups because the cost is likely to be similar if not higher and they won't be personalised with names and exec positions. And they don't have the cool factor that will lure in freshers.

I guess the student in me loves the onesie idea but the coach and team captain would prefer warm ups!

Older DD has a team hoodie for her basketball and her cheer teams. They are very nice and she has her name embroidered on the arm. THey look very nice and she wears it other times too, so that promotes the team and team unity too. A onesie really could not be used other times, well except maybe for bedtime.

Older DD has a team hoodie for her basketball and her cheer teams. They are very nice and she has her name embroidered on the arm. THey look very nice and she wears it other times too, so that promotes the team and team unity too. A onesie really could not be used other times, well except maybe for bedtime.

Don't forget hangover recovery!!

Don't forget hangover recovery!!

and going to the supermarket, the corner shop, the pub, camping, the cinema and taking your kids to school (I kid you not a friend's school has a mum that drops off in the morning in her onesie)

Young people pretty much wear them everywhere here.

What about a tank top with built in bra and leggings?
A tank top with built in bra might not work well over a leotard.

I like the idea of a hoodie and black yoga pants... They should be able to get names added fairly cheaply. @LucyTRA , you say that the uni hoodies come in a rainbow of colors... it actually might look cute (if you line up in the right order) to have different colored hoodies. They just need to be the same design and have the same style customization. Worn with black leggings or yoga pants, it could still look really professional.

We got onesies.

Since they arrived, I actually love them. We look uniform and there will be no trouble (AT ALL!) picking out my girls in a crowded competition hall. Apparently a group of them are planning to wear them to lectures at every opportunity (that wont be me though... sigh at being a post-grad student all of a sudden!) for 'advertising purposes'. That was the best excuse they could come up with.

I'll post a photo once they have our names added!

When I picture a onesie I picture my baby sister. lol I can't picture an adult onesie! Please, tell me more.

they are very fashionable over here as PJ's
th

No.

I'd have guys use some athletic shorts and the gals could just use yoga pants. Some kind of Underarmour type shirt.

Otoh, it's nice to have knee protection on an aussie bed.

In my neck of the woods we would melt wearing that to bed
We call them footie pajamas... and both of my gymmies OWN them... and attempt to wear them to bed on occasion... but wear shorts and a tank top and socks under them because they know they will take them off in the middle of the night.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back