WAG Help me with leotard sizing please - I am from Europe!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

katlinchen

I am from Austria and you can't imagine how expensive everything is here!

So I wanted to order either Adidas or GK Leotards from the States and as I can't try them on, I need your advice about the sizes.

So, I am 5'3", or 162cm, around 116-120 pounds, my hips are really narrow and my shoulders are broad with quite big arms (oh gosh, they look so big I hate that)^^

Which Leotard size should I go for?
I know that nobody can tell, but maybe you could guess?

If you look at the manufacturers websites they will have a size chart somewhere.

That should have chest, waist, hip, and torso measurements so you can use those to compare to your own.

If you look at the manufacturers websites they will have a size chart somewhere.

That should have chest, waist, hip, and torso measurements so you can use those to compare to your own.

Great! Thank you!

Check your postage/import charges before you order...

I ordered from the us recently (I'm in the uk), just a cheap sale costume as a trial run. Postage itself was actually quite cheap, but I had to pay pretty much the price again in post office handling charges. I won't be ordering again unless the price is cheap and the costume is amazing.

You could look at Milano in the uk and cristian Moreau in France too. Quatro are getting popular too here. Might not be any cheaper though if your PO doesn't distinguish between Europe and USA.

I am trying to source some friends who can buy and post to me to avoid the charges ;)

Check your postage/import charges before you order...

I ordered from the us recently (I'm in the uk), just a cheap sale costume as a trial run. Postage itself was actually quite cheap, but I had to pay pretty much the price again in post office handling charges. I won't be ordering again unless the price is cheap and the costume is amazing.

You could look at Milano in the uk and cristian Moreau in France too. Quatro are getting popular too here. Might not be any cheaper though if your PO doesn't distinguish between Europe and USA.

I am trying to source some friends who can buy and post to me to avoid the charges ;)

Yes, thank you for reminding!

I had this already once with really cheap nike's...in the end I paid even more than I would have if I bought it here!

Thank you!!

The Zone in the UK make nice leotards. A few years ago I ordered a couple from here (New Zealand) but then they put the shipping up to more than the price of the leotard so I won't be buying any more from them.

I've ordered brand new leotards from other countries before (US, Canada and Australia mainly), and it's usually around £5-10 postage from private sellers on ebay etc.

Ordering from businesses though, and it somehow shoots up cost to £15-30, which means it's not really worth it (especially as I know they could send it cheaper if they wanted to)

each, if you order from a private seller in the US do you get stung for post office handling charges? Is it all international parcels, or just business?

Our postage went up last year by quite a bit (I have a small business and often ship Internationally). It made it to where one of my products will now basically have to be a domestic product only because it is fairly inexpensive but heavy... It costs more to ship than it is worth!
However, leos are not that heavy.
PayPal is great because it offers protection for the buyer. I buy and ship lots of things to friends and relatives back home. :)
All countries are different. I know for a lot of them, duties and taxes on the receiving end depend on how the customs forms are filled out....

Oh, and definitely check different leotard companies sizing. I know our "regular" leos for sale in our pro shop (usually GK) are sized differently than our practice leos (under armor) and way different than our comp leos (alpha factor)... One kid can wear 3 different sizes!

each, if you order from a private seller in the US do you get stung for post office handling charges? Is it all international parcels, or just business?

Touch wood, but to this day, I have never had to pay any additional charges for any international order. I pay the postage set by the seller, and royal mail never ask for a penny. Don't know if I've just been incredibly lucky or not though lol

Melody leotards in us used to do very reasonable shipping to Europe. Probably still does but not used them for a while. Might be worth a look!

Melody leotards in us used to do very reasonable shipping to Europe. Probably still does but not used them for a while. Might be worth a look!

Melody is great! A lot of US companies use UPS and charge US$48 for international shipping which is usually at least as much as whatever you're buying, but Melody only charges $5 postage, the leotards are reasonable prices too, makes it a great deal!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back