WAG Tkatchev or any single bar release

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
Is there a way to spot a tkatchev? My daughter said she seems to get lost in the air. We had a guest coach over the summer who told her to try to be a "visual" gymnast. She taught her what she should look at or see when she is doing her double backs, her yurchenko and beam flight series. These few tricks made a world of difference according to my daughter. These things were never taught to her by her current coaches. So now she is training tkatchevs and she said her coach told her to go for it the other day after a few weeks of doing drills. She said she "failed" because she did not know where she was. So, I was just wondering if any of the coaches her have any tips like look for the bar, spot a part of the wall, look at your feet, whatever. Thanks.

Is there a way to spot a tkatchev? My daughter said she seems to get lost in the air. We had a guest coach over the summer who told her to try to be a "visual" gymnast. She taught her what she should look at or see when she is doing her double backs, her yurchenko and beam flight series. These few tricks made a world of difference according to my daughter. These things were never taught to her by her current coaches. So now she is training tkatchevs and she said her coach told her to go for it the other day after a few weeks of doing drills. She said she "failed" because she did not know where she was. So, I was just wondering if any of the coaches her have any tips like look for the bar, spot a part of the wall, look at your feet, whatever. Thanks.
I have a better question, 'Is there a way NOT to spot a tkatchev!?' ;) At least for me, there is no other way (sadly) than a thousand spots, followed with a spotting belt, followed always with a 'safety spot.' Not too sure (actually, I am) ;) if that 'just go for it' attitude will work on a skill like that, but let us know and good luck. :)

My daughter was doing drills with the belt. I guess her coach wanted to see where she is in her release. But I wonder aside from knowing when to release the bar id she should be looking at something or doing something?

How exactly did she "fail"? did she land on the bar? feet hit the bar? get beyond the bar but miss grasping it with her hands? that info might help coaches give some insight. In general, I really hate the "just go for it" mentality but maybe they thought she was ready if she had been doing all the drills. Has the coach been spotting her while doing them or has she just been working individual drills without putting it all together?

It was actually the first time she released the bar. I think maybe the coach just wanted to see what she would do or what might look like. I really don't know. She said she did not know where she was so I am assuming she missed the bar all together. He had her do it only once and indicated they would be going back to drills. She had must been doing drills sporadically the last three weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back