WAG Question about L7 beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amber

Proud Parent
Hi All,
Younger DD has a switch leap in her beam routine. A) is that a C skill? And B) is it allowed for L7?
Thanks!

Thanks! She doesn't compete until winter, and is putting together a beam routine. She's 9, though, and doesn't know the regulations. I will contact her coach.
What are allowable leaps for 7? The switch leap is her best one...

Yes it is a "C" skill. As of the most recent rule updates (May 11, 2014) L7s can have 1 "C" dance element on beam and floor. So she is fine. Many girls are better at switch leaps than split leaps.

Yes it is a "C" skill. As of the most recent rule updates (May 11, 2014) L7s can have 1 "C" dance element on beam and floor. So she is fine. Many girls are better at switch leaps than split leaps.

I wish they had this rule last season because my DD is also one of those who has a better switch than split leap.

Interesting. I think that's a good change for many reasons - wish it would have been available a couple seasons ago (also have one with a better switch leap).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back