Parents Boy shorts over leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sevenatenine2

Coach
Proud Parent
My mom bought the shorts below for my daughter, who is in love with them and wanting to wear them to gym over her purple leotard. They do look very much like the little microshorts she wears from GK, but they are, indeed, boy short underwear. I'd rather her not get made fun of if she wears them. She said another girl on team wears a Justice sports bra and the boy shorts undies all the time. I've never noticed. so I guess it hasn't caught my eye. Would you allow these over a leotard?

http://www.shopjustice.com/girls-cl...Origin=category page&productGridPlacement=4-1

Hmm, tough call. If they were some unknown brand, they could pass for athletic micro shorts. The design itself seems fine for over a leo in a gym (not out in the world, imo, but in gym). Pretty much every gymmie I know is familiar with Justice clothes, though, so it's a sure bet that someone will know these are technically sold as underwear. Not sure if young girls would make fun of that or think it is cool. So I'm no help! I think you need to poll 7-12 year old girls! :rolleyes:

A lot of girls wear them at DDs gym. I bought a pair for my DD. She wore them a few times, but I problems with getting over that they are underwear and moved them out of her drawer.

My 7 yr old would think they are fabulous. It's hard to really tell if they actually look like underwear from the link. They look like regular gym shorts to me. And mine always wears the gym shorts now bc she swears it keeps her hips from getting bruised on bars. Let us know how they go over. They are definitely cheaper than gk shorts!

A few girls at my gym wear under armour things like that, so I dont think it would be a problem. They really do look like gym shorts anyway.

No, because the team girls aren't allowed to wear anything but a Leo. ;)
I think I would be hesitant even if they were allowed to though, for the same reasons Sasha mentioned.... Most girls that age will probably know they are underwear.

Thanks, all.

She really wants to wear them, so I guess I'll let her and if they tease her she won't wear them again. She says they are cute and who cares if people know they are underwear. ;)

Really, they look and feel just like the GK lycra shorts and I guess I'm the one being silly here, who cares what they are marketed for if they are the same item!

My daughter has two pairs of the Justice boy shorts and she wears them with her Leo's a lot. They don't really look any different on than when she where her GK shorts, other than the material is a little different. She actually begged for them because a bunch of the younger girls had them. The ones she has are pink and a splatter paint type print and honestly really don't look all that much like underwear to me. Although I have seen a few pairs at justice that I did say no too because they clearly looked like underwear.

I called my nine-year-old in to see them, and she gives them a thumbs up, even knowing they're underwear. She says she'd wear them as cartwheel shorts under a skirt as well.

I'm rather particular about how my child dresses when she is away from home. for me, that means even in the gym. I even make sure her bar shorts coordinate with her leotard. for me underwear, even her boy shorts from justice just aren't appropriate for public because I like another poster said most of her teammates also shop at justice and some would know she was wearing underwear.

Mine has them, and if they go with a leo, it's under with gym shorts over. If she wears them to school under skirts, she wears little shorts over them. I'm not ready to have a blurred line between under and outerwear. Not judging - no one would be the wiser except other little Justice shoppers, but it's the principle for me.

There's soooo many options for clothing. I say, if you're even questioning it, just say no and have her wear something else.

The link didn't work; but I can imagine them since I have been in Justice. I'm anal about some things, so likely would say no to this, though I don't think it is a big deal. I am completely cringing at a kid wearing boy shorts underwear and a sports bra out of the house though. That would be a HUGE no from me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back