Sr. Pan Am Gymnastics Competition...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
They have announced the Canadian Team for the Pan Am Competition in Mississauga. I am so excited. I went on to buy my tickets but ticket master is down.

How do they pick who will be competing? Why is Victoria or Ellie not there?

Congrats to the Artistic girls
Stefanie Merkle
Alezza Yu
Gabriella Douglas
Sabrina Gill
Jordyn Pedersen
Kirsten Peterman
Victoria Kayen Woo

http://www.gymcan.org/site/news.php?id=818

Not sure about the selection process, but I am glad to see that Sabrina is competing again. I love her and her coach is fantastic.

I too absolutely love Sabrina Gill. She just has that way about her. Stunning.
Which coach are you talking about? Kelly?

Not sure about the selection process, but I am glad to see that Sabrina is competing again. I love her and her coach is fantastic.

I too absolutely love Sabrina Gill. She just has that way about her. Stunning.
Which coach are you talking about? Kelly?

Yes Kelly Manjak, I got the opportunity to work with him as an athlete a couple years ago and it was a great experience. He knows his stuff and has a great philosophy.
Now as a coach, if I was going to organize a training camp he would be one of the first I think of to invite, and possibly @dunno if anybody knew who he was!

I noticed that as well. Manjaks is not far from me and I have a friend who's daughter trains there. So I go for visit and she is always practicing.
She is absolutely a lovely gymnast.

Too bad about th games.

Looks like Sabrina Gill isn't competing after all.

I noticed that as well. Manjaks is not far from me and I have a friend who's daughter trains there. So I go for visit and she is always practicing.
She is absolutely a lovely gymnast.

Too bad about th games.

She is one of our favourites. I think I have you confused with someone else on here. I thought you lived farther West of the city. Are you going to the games?

Absolutely - we am so excited to go cheer on our girls. Are you going? We were so excited to see Sabrina :(

We only live 15 minutes from Manjaks . We do live in the West end but very accessible to everything.

She is one of our favourites. I think I have you confused with someone else on here. I thought you lived farther West of the city. Are you going to the games?

Absolutely - we am so excited to go cheer on our girls. Are you going? We were so excited to see Sabrina :(

We only live 15 minutes from Manjaks . We do live in the West end but very accessible to everything.

My dd is volunteering Friday and Monday.i am hoping to go one of those days as well, maybe try and get there Sunday. I thought you were in Burlington actually.

Awesome what is she volunteering for? We train out of Burlington but do not live there.
You are who I thought you were, I searched your past messages. That's quite the drive from Mississauga to Burlington.

My daughter is marshalling, timekeeping and helping present awards. And I am hoping to be there to watch as well.

Did you make it today?

You are who I thought you were, I searched your past messages. That's quite the drive from Mississauga to Burlington.

My daughter is marshalling, timekeeping and helping present awards. And I am hoping to be there to watch as well.

Did you make it today?
We were there from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm.

My dd marshalled the first two subdivisions, was a floor runner for the third and just watched the final. I ran video for the first for bars, watched the second, was beam security the third and ran the live feed/score switcher the last.

I saw your dd coming in at one point but I don't know what you look like so thought it might not be appropriate to say something to her, lol.

We are going back today from 1:00-5:00.

I know I am the ugly American crashing your thread, but I loved Kyle Shewfelt's commentary for the web broadcast! He was fantastic!

It's funny Saturday I was working the live feed/scores switch for in the arena, and this guy comes and sits down beside me and we start chatting about things and how on the monitor the feeds were glitchy compared to how it appeared on screen. He said he wanted to get a feel for the equipment, etc.

Well only the next day when I saw him again did I realize that I had just spent 45 minutes chit chatting with Kyle Shewfelt! :eek:

Oh and you are a beautiful American! The USA girls were so lovely and gracious, posing for so many photos with the girls and signing countless autographs!

Canadiangymmom that is exactly why Kyle is great!
He has such a outgoing, warm personality that makes everyone feel comfortable and seems to genuinely care for everyone. Don't be surprised if you ever see him again, and he says he remembers you from somewhere or even knows where from. He remembers everyone.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I hope that he either gets involved with hosting a meet again with another gym or decides to host his own. He made it so much fun for everyone involved, UCIC wasn't the same without him!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back