WAG Nail polish?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I compete in the uk and haven't heard anything, and if this was true my coaches would definitely tell us. Saying that a year or so ago, our coaches told us we could wear natural looking make-up but nothing too obvious (someone came to the last comp with eye make-up to match her Leo) and that nail polish wasn't advised unless sheer or clear as if we did bad hand positions or didn't have completely pointed toes, it draw more attention to this from the judges point if view or something. :p luckily I've always taken mine off before comps as I like to re-paint my nails while relaxing after the competition when I get home :)

We are not allowed to have polish for safety reasons. When you have an injury one of the first things they do is squeeze your fingers or toes to see if there is blood flowing to all parts.

P&F very rarely wears any make up (allergy issues and she is only 10), but she does occasionally wear a bit of eye glitter. Not heard this but it doesn't surprise me
I started wearing makeup when I was 7! My parents didn't care if I wore it or not. What is the problem with young children wearing makeup (assuming they don't have allergies)?

I heard no nail polish rule us because if a child is injured it makes it very difficult to assess for signs of shock and perfusion if you can't see the true nail bed.

It was an interesting read, especially since there WAS a rule regarding length of ponytail (has been discussed here before) as well as a rule about bandages which was personally interesting to me as DD had to compete in sectionals last year with a pulled quad and was using KTtape at the meet. I have tried to find the rules about JO dress code but so far, no luck... Their PDF with rules is a LOT larger than the T&T one! :)

There is NOT a deduction for JO participants wearing nail polish, length of pony tail, tape or braces of any kind. It lists the unallowable attire right there on page 18.

DD's HC asks for no nail polish, no earrings (even studs) and a bun. Not sure of his reasoning, DD just follows his rules. She would love a cute hairstyle and matching nail polish though!

Thanks! The official rules for JO are seemingly less strict than T&T. I wonder if others have read those instead and that's where the general confusion comes from...
Now that I read the JO ones I do recall having read those before, I just couldn't find them in the massive PDF and was expecting a separate heading for it I guess. :)

Thanks! The official rules for JO are seemingly less strict than T&T. I wonder if others have read those instead and that's where the general confusion comes from...
Now that I read the JO ones I do recall having read those before, I just couldn't find them in the massive PDF and was expecting a separate heading for it I guess. :)

Friendly FYI: when searching documents like that or even on web pages, just hit Control+F and a search box will open for you to search terms!

I started wearing makeup when I was 7! My parents didn't care if I wore it or not. What is the problem with young children wearing makeup (assuming they don't have allergies)?

My point of view is A-a child that young doesn't need to enhance anything B- coloring in btwn the lines on paper can be hard for them, can you imagine their faces? C- to what end or purpose does a child need make up D- the most make up I saw or Little Bit will see before her teenage years is strawberry Chapstick and face paint at a carnival or Halloween time

My point of view is A-a child that young doesn't need to enhance anything B- coloring in btwn the lines on paper can be hard for them, can you imagine their faces? C- to what end or purpose does a child need make up D- the most make up I saw or Little Bit will see before her teenage years is strawberry Chapstick and face paint at a carnival or Halloween time
Lol my 7yr old daughter decided to try makeup yesterday just before we headed out for nanny's birthday. Whilst she is very adept at colouring her eye make up skills, especially with dark blue eye shadow, left a lot to be desired. I have tried tactfully to suggest she revisits make up in 10 years time!

Lol my 7yr old daughter decided to try makeup yesterday just before we headed out for nanny's birthday. Whilst she is very adept at colouring her eye make up skills, especially with dark blue eye shadow, left a lot to be desired. I have tried tactfully to suggest she revisits make up in 10 years time!

Bless her heart...I bet she was lovely! I'm totally ok with "play" make up when a child is playing dress up in the house. Little bit is all about the princesses and Spider-Man...go figure. But to truly allow "real" make up at that age is just wow! Very toddler and tiaras ;-p

Bless her heart...I bet she was lovely! I'm totally ok with "play" make up when a child is playing dress up in the house. Little bit is all about the princesses and Spider-Man...go figure. But to truly allow "real" make up at that age is just wow! Very toddler and tiaras ;-p
She was super cute for staying home, not so much for taking nanny for a birthday dinner!! That said my 3 yr old son thinks nail varnish is totally normal for a boy (much to his father's disgust!!). With two older sisters there's no hope!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back