can you coach yourself at meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I'm interested in going to Nationals next year. There is a good chance no one else will go and my coaches have family things that prevent them. Plus saving a ton of $ by not paying the fees/hotel/ food/airfare of a coach would be nice.

I am a USAG coach myself. Can I go and be my own coach or do you have to have another person. I don'tthink my gym would care if I represent them. Just ccurious.

I'd say ask the meet director, but I have seen people (even in USAG JO program) compete as "unaffiliated". You might be able to do that. If you are a USAG pro member and an adult, I imagine it would be fine. The issue, I imagine, is with unsupervised/uncoached kids.

I have been to JO USAG meets where there was a team of only 1 girl at a given level and another coach/team 'adopted' her and let her rotate with them with their coach's assistance. I don't know if her scores counted towards their team score or not. You might inquire if this is an option at nationals. Good Luck.

I'm not sure if it was actually allowed, persay, but when I was with my old gym I did many a competition representing them, but coached by someone from another gym when they noticed I was without a coach.

My only concern would be what would happen if you injured yourself, since normally it is the coach that deals with that. However you are an adult & registered coach so it may be different in your situation. Best of luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back