WAG internship in a gymnastics club

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

katie

My best friend is 22 years old. She started gymnastics and ballet as a kid, quit during puberty and is training again since she is 20 just for fun and to keep in shape. Compared to the JO Program, she could do all L7 skills ans she is pretty strong.

She is in university here in Austria and will be a high school teacher for geography and P.E.
Here in Austria, she is also coaching a rec class for children and for adults and some more advanced classes (probably until L4/5 in the J.O. program) for a year now.

Since I can remember, she wanted to go to America not as a tourist, but to live there and experience how life is, meet people and just enjoy the lifestyle.
There was no chance for doing an exchange year during shool, because it is pretty expensive and she didn't want to repeat the grade in Asutria.
She also doesn't want to be an Au-Pair, because she is scared that she will have no other social interactions but the host family and other au-pairs.

So now she is thinkig about studying in the US or doing an internship. As going to college is really expensive in the States and Canada (it is completely free in Austria) she will try to get a sholarship. But if not, she thought about doing an internship in a gymnastics club?
She said she would love to live with a host family and would have no problem caring about the kids or doing household tasks in return.

I would love to hear if you have ever heard of something like an internship in a gym club?
Or if you have any other ideas, please let me now.

PS: She is so America crazy, she even has the flag hung op over her bed :cool:

Not America but our club has done similar in Australia. I'm sure there are family run clubs in the US that would take on someone with her experience on an 'au pair' but gymnastics coach role.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back