WAG Pan Ams, US Team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BachFlyer

Proud Parent
Just curious how the US selects the team for Pan Ams. I know they need to be on the national team, but...I'm kind of curious why Macy Toronjo, who competed all-around and finished 8th at P&G ahead of Hano, was not named to the team but Hano was? Is it because Hano has a better vault?

Maggie Nichols (3rd)
Alyssa Baumann (4th) who withdrew, replaced by Felicia Hano (9th)
MyKayla Skinner (5th)
Amelia Hundley (6th)
Madison Desch (7th)
Madison Kocian (10th)
Ashton Locklear (11th)

I assume the Biles and Ross aren't competing because they want to keep them healthy and they already have experience

Yes, Biles and Ross aren't competing because they want to keep them healthy and they have plenty of experience.

The other thing you need to remember is that only 8 girls competed AA. So when you look at AA rankings only, yes Macy Toronjo placed above others, but she placed last of those who actually did AA. She also has the lowest difficult of the AAers across the board.

Hano competed vault, beam, and floor. Kocian and Locklear competed bars and beam.

It's also about the US testing out athletes to see how they compete/score on an international stage before worlds.

Just read that it was an elbow hyper extension injury...probably from her fall on bars last weekend. It looked like it was really hurting her and I was so impressed that she got up and finished that routine.

WAG competition starts tommorow. There will be live streaming. Worth paying attention to, as it will help determine a couple of spots on the worlds team.

Ive heard and figured the US sends their B team level athletes. Seems to be so from their scores.

Gives these athletes BIG meet experience and the A level athletes will focus on Worlds.

Ive heard and figured the US sends their B team level athletes. Seems to be so from their scores.

Gives these athletes BIG meet experience and the A level athletes will focus on Worlds.
Some of the girls on the PanAm Team will go to worlds though. For Simone and Kyla, they were a lock, so Marta had no need to watch them at Pan Ams and no need to risk injury. But for the rest of them it will be in part another step in selection for worlds.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back