WAG 8th grade Verbal recruit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

http://www.collegegymfans.com/ If your kid is interested in college gymnastics you should check out this site. It lets you look at college commits by year. While I am sure it is not completely accurate, it will give you a god idea of who recruits early or later, where they recruit from etc.
it also helps you to see roughly how many scholarships they anticipate having available for each year. But as you will see, some colleges don't provide any info.

Well they're at it again....Auburn just verballed a kid who has barely set foot in a high school class (2018 grad)...a kid from Hills who didn't compete all last year but is "trying for elite"...and we shouldn't be surprised at Auburn as their coach used to be an assistant at Utah , where they supposedly abhor the early recruiting as well :confused:

My DD saw this on Instagram yesterday.

While I'm so happy for the gymnast and her family, it causes me great anxiety!

I read her personal web page, she was 10 competing level 10. My frustration is that we are at a gym that prefers to hold girls back than allow them to compete at young ages, so is it better to be at a gym like ours or is better to go to a gym who allows them to move up as they progress? And I have to build a web page for her eventually, if she wants to compete college level? And I don't believe our gym promotes the girls to college coaches either (not that we have many level 10's).

I know, I know, I have at least 7 more years to worry about all of this...unless they started giving verbals to grade schoolers and then I needs to get busy!!

There are still some colleges (although not the top ones) that will not look at girls until their Sophomore year…or so we've been told by the college coaches at those schools.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back