Parents How far do you travel to your gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just started a new gym that is a 45 minute commute. No so much because of traffic but miles traveled. It stinks but the gym is definitely worth it and as we all know here on CB, that can make all the difference! :)
I do the same thing as Seeker--stay down there and work at Starbucks or Panera.

About 15-20 minutes from home and about 10 minutes from my work (for summer I pick her up as a lunch break for myself)

If I am dropping her there from school it takes about 30 - 40 minutes to drive from my office, swing through the school, maybe stop for a quick snack and drink and get her to gym. If I am picking up from gym it takes about 20 - 25 from gym to home, 25 - 30 minutes if we are dropping others home too. I miss the worst of rush hour usually, otherwise the time would be doubled!

If I am dropping her there from school it takes about 30 - 40 minutes to drive from my office, swing through the school, maybe stop for a quick snack and drink and get her to gym. If I am picking up from gym it takes about 20 - 25 from gym to home, 25 - 30 minutes if we are dropping others home too. I miss the worst of rush hour usually, otherwise the time would be doubled!

I never imagined you had rush hour of the island !

I never imagined you had rush hour of the island !

Oh yeah! The island is small - only 21 miles long and 14 miles wide - but we have 280,000 people. Cars are not restricted like they are in Bermuda, so we have bad morning and evening rush hours, plus "school" traffic between 2 and 3.30 p.m.

blimey, thats more than we have in my county and we are 90 miles odd long by and average of 20 wide ! reminds me of a malibu advert, we always imagine its more like this

So those with long commutes- is it because of actual distance or because of traffic? Around here a 45 minute commute would be because the next gym is literally 45 miles away. But if you are in CA or other large metro area it can take 45 minutes to go 10 miles :)

Both...a solid 80 miles AND commuter traffic:( that's why I allow 2 hrs travel time...

Our trip takes about 35-40 minutes with NO traffic (like when we're coming home at 9:30 at night). But the traffic getting there, especially if it's raining... ouch. It takes anywhere from 1-2 hours. There was one time where we were clearly not going to get there at all due to an accident that had the entire interstate shut down. It's definitely a mad rush to try to get there on time, and I have no idea how we're going to do it now that my girls' school has made their dismissal time later. We will probably be moving closer to that area next year.

We are 35 to 45 minutes away from our gym. There is at least one USAG gym much closer, and we'd love the convenience of that, but it's in dd's best interest to stay where she is -- although it's much harder on the rest of the family.

I travel 60 miles each way 5 times a week. There are no other gyms around my area that offer good training in gymnastics. My dd loves it though!

At the moment its a 10 minute drive but we are currently building a new home which will make it a 30 minute drive.

It works out good though because if she trains in the afternoon I drop her off and my husband picks her up on the way home from work.

Our drive is only 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic. We are lucky its so close since I usually have to shuttle between the gym and various soccer fields.

we are in So Cal, so......... Traffic, traffic, traffic. We have some families drive up from San Diego, my hats off to them.....

I know two families from north county San Diego that drive to Orange County at least 45 mins one way and I commend them because I couldn't do it. I drive 20/25 mins to get my girls to gym.

I know two families from north county San Diego that drive to Orange County at least 45 mins one way and I commend them because I couldn't do it. I drive 20/25 mins to get my girls to gym.
==
What gym do they drive ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back