BG L2 Assessment

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LucyTRA

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I have my L2 tramp coaching assessment in 2 weeks. I am a bit of a trampoline geek and thought I was all prepared and knew everything I needed to know about how the assessment works. Then I looked at the 'timetable for assessment' thing (which can be found on the second page of the BG L2 trampoline skills matrix here http://www.british-gymnastics.org/coaching/coaches/courses ) and it says that I have to bring a minimum of three gymnasts (I knew that) but then it talks about class teaching which must involve a minimum of SIX gymnasts(???!!!) and is part of the assessment. I'm confused/panicked about this.

I can easily COPE with six gymnasts, but I can't find and bring six gymnasts with me! the assessment is pretty far from where I am based and I don't want to be responsible for transporting kids that far and being responsible for them on public transport, so I'm taking adults, but they are hard to pin down!

I've never heard about the class teaching thing EVER before, can someone please fill me in???

Yep, everyone will bring 3, and you'll all share :)

One of your assessments will be on how well you manage a class, so they'll give you a minimum of 6, and ask you to run an example session- can you control them, keep them busy etc...

If its the same as my women's artistic course then you only have to bring 3 gymnasts and will "borrow" another coaches 3 gymnasts. There was 2 of us doing our exam at the same time, and one had to take the warm up and the other took the cool down- so I took my gymnasts and the others coaches gymnasts for the warm up and the other coach used their gymnasts and mine for the cool down. I had to set at least 2 different activities in the warm up to show that I could control two groups at once.

Ok. I just feel like they haven't warned me!! I also don't particularly want to share my gymnasts... in the mock assessment one guy hadn't brought anyone so he used mine and he very nearly broke one! Me and the assessor both stepped in at the same time to stop it

Ok. I just feel like they haven't warned me!! I also don't particularly want to share my gymnasts... in the mock assessment one guy hadn't brought anyone so he used mine and he very nearly broke one! Me and the assessor both stepped in at the same time to stop it
Broke one?! I wouldn't let anyone borrow your gymnasts then! (Except if you knew them well and really trusted them.)

That's why the assessors are there though, to make sure nobody is coaching who could potentially break anyone!

As long as the assessor isn't useless, you (and the guinea pigs!) should be fine :)

My dd was taken as a nominated gymnast , along with 2 other girls from her gym . Other coaches also took 3 . They were then rotated round the coaches . Don't know if this will be the same though xx

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back