WAG Shoulders popping/cracking?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Moxiegrl83

Proud Parent
In the last few weeks, my 7yr olds shoulders (both of them) will crack or pop when she raises her arms. She says is doesn't hurt, but it makes me cringe. My brother is a physical therapist, and he said there is no way of knowing why without an X-ray, but he said he would check her out when he gets back in town for anything obvious. Are the snap, crackle pop sounds something I should be worried about???

My DD has the same thing recently. She pops around 4-5 joints just going in for a handstand. Her hips always pop when doing press handstands.
Not sure if it's normal, but no one has ever indicated otherwise.

The best feeling in the world is when my shoulders and back would crack on my first set of giants. That's probably what I miss most about gymnastics ;)

I really have no idea what all this cracking does to bodies in the long term but I still enjoy grossing people out by cracking various parts of my body.

My dd2 has this same problem, she sees a therapist who said it is to do with her hyper flexible shoulders and the joints, she has them massaged and unknotted and that helps, they were also causing her to have headaches because of how knotted up and tight they were getting

As a former gymnast I used to crack all the time and I still do although to a much lesser degree. My knees crack really loud and have since I was in 4th grade, with no pain. I have never had any problems with my knees. I remember cracking my back all the time in school and who ever sat behind me was usually grossed out. :)

I think if there is no pain she will be OK.

We tease one of my DD's friends who is also a gymnast about the fact that she could never do recon work for the military. She can't sneak up on anyone with her old crackly ankles!

For my dd it is her big toes. We have to by shoes with the requirement that she can still crack her toes when she wears them!

We tease one of my DD's friends who is also a gymnast about the fact that she could never do recon work for the military. She can't sneak up on anyone with her old crackly ankles!
My ankles do that too! It is so annoying. I can't sneak up on my brother to wake him up in the morning!!!!! Lol I'm just kidding :) But it is still annoying.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back