WAG Last 3 days

• Thread starter Deleted member 14190
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

100% agree. Ear worm music for a coach!

I have posted before that we have different times of the year where we use the USA-G voice over sound clips, Tom Koll's voice, voicing the skills and tempo. I have a great impression of "Tom's" voice for the L3-5 routines. Further I have broken the L3-6 routines into 15-20 second segments (passes) so that we can work different sections. Over, over, over and over. Those really do get stuck in your ear (EG: This past week had 45 minute rotation of the dance-L5 leap pass-dance emphasis. Jeepers!)

I have been around long enough to know from memory several of the USA-G old sets of L4-6 routines. I can still play the last set on my guitar from memory.

Although, when I commute back and forth to the gym, I have silence in my auto. No music, no radio! At home my wife, a gymnastics coach also, and I never play current music. I am not a fan of many of the current artists and I have heard the "Top songs on the chart" WAY too many times. From exposure I know most of the lyrics of the TOP songs. Almost embarrassed to post that, but it is the truth.

Posting from my study with low volume Big Bill Broonzy playing on the speakers.

BTW: Coachp and other coaches, best wishes for a relaxing weekend. Truly enjoy the time off! For those of us coaches with a L3-5 Fall competitive season this is one of the last free weekends til Thanksgiving. It looks by schedule I may have 4 free days (Sundays) off before Thanksgiving weekend. Coaching on Sat. and usually Invitationals on Sundays capture the Fall and early winter with L3-5's. No whining here, just part of the gymnastics year.

Best to all this long USA Labor Day weekend, SBG -

Last edited:
Isn't compulsory season just starting?
Rams, some States adopt the Fall as L3-5 competitive season (pre January State Championships) while their are States that have a Spring (pre April) Competitive season. As a smaller gym, I appreciate the Fall and Spring season as our small staff and I coach USA-G JO L3-9's.

Starting - most clubs in my State have already had Mock Meets and the first Invitational in our State is 2 weeks away.

Best, SBG -

Thanks SBG. Here I believe most do 3-5 in the fall. And yes the compulsory music gets very annoying after a few weeks.

Rams, some States adopt the Fall as L3-5 competitive season (pre January State Championships) while their are States that have a Spring (pre April) Competitive season. As a smaller gym, I appreciate the Fall and Spring season as our small staff and I coach USA-G JO L3-9's.

Starting - most clubs in my State have already had Mock Meets and the first Invitational in our State is 2 weeks away.

Best, SBG -

Pre April, I wish! We have lower level states in May! Xcel states around June 1! Granted, we won't start til Nov

Pre April, I wish! We have lower level states in May! Xcel states around June 1! Granted, we won't start til Nov

Gym-Dog- the competitive season has really gotten longer and more complex over the years. In 2015, Xcel athletes (in my USA-G Region) will have a Regional Championship (in late April). I will take a handful of L5's thru L5 (Fall season) and then a L6 or L7 (winter/spring) season. That makes a long competitive season! I feel for the gyms who train and compete Elites as it would truly never stop. Can you imagine - I tip my hat to those coaches. They rock.

Several local gyms have already held, in August, sanctioned in house gym meets. More scheduled for the first 2 weeks in September. I understand from many local coaches that this was to get some of the modality scores for L5's to move on.

Off for more coffee for perspective, SBG -

Yes, while to some extent I can see how it would be convenient for those who are ready to go 4-7 in less than a year to have the fall AND spring seasons, Aug-April is very long.

Whenever someone does their floor routine, their music always gets stuck in my head. Especially compulsories. I don't know how many times the Level 4 floor has gotten stuck in my head. Sometimes, it's worse with optionals. But I still hate it as much as ever. So, I'm enjoying these last few weeks before I have to listen to that.

Whenever someone does their floor routine, their music always gets stuck in my head. Especially compulsories. I don't know how many times the Level 4 floor has gotten stuck in my head. Sometimes, it's worse with optionals. But I still hate it as much as ever. So, I'm enjoying these last few weeks before I have to listen to that.

Banning you for being underage and making your 11,000,000th duplicate account. Both are against the rules. Please go away FOREVER.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back