WAG Coaches Fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow. DD's gym is very different from everyone else. Coaches' fees are lower at the compulsory levels and increase incrementally. 1s and 2s pay the same amount, 3s and 4s pay the same amount, 5s have their own amount, 6s and 7s pay the same, 8s and 9s pay the same amount. We don't yet have any 10s or elites so I'm not sure what their fees would be. This covers everything but meet entry fees and travel for the gymnast.

Ar our old gym, coaches expenses were split by those gymnasts attending. Each gymnast paid their share. We paid a minimal annual membership dues. When my daughter was the only L8 that made regionals, the coaches fees were around $500 which we were suppose to pay for but the booster club ran a fundraiser that paid for most of it. So you can do a fundraiser if you want. But what was troubling to me is the booster paid for nationals for one gymnast (daughter of one of HCs) which amounted to $1,500.

At our current gym, we pay $500 annual membership and run fundraisers throughout the season. This covers all coaches fees for entire season even those that make nationals, the gymnast's end of the year banquet and part if the leo this year. I think it is fair.

You might want to set some by laws so everyone is fully aware of the rules.

To the OP -

Keep it simple!! Don't try and over-analyze this as in the end it will only result in real or perceived inequities.

One fixed fee per gymnast, period. Differentiate compulsory and optional if you wish, but that's it. In that single fee you account for meet entry fee for each gymnast for each meet, coach travel/lodging/rental car, and coach fee (per session) for each meet. Build in an estimate for the post season. Add it all up and divide by the number of gymnasts; voila - a single fee.

Now, do some end up paying more than others since they may not go to as many meets? Yes, but as someone said earlier, that will come full circle as they go through the levels.

Good Luck.

I always feel bad for parents at gyms that do it like that. It's punishing her because the rest of her team hasn't gotten to that level yet. Make your budget for the whole season, divide it equally amongst all the girls. Even if you have one kid at level 10 state she is representing her whole team. Like someone said it all works out in the end.

Only the optionals pay coaches fees at DD's gym. Compulsories don't travel out of state though, so that might be why.

So, when you all are talking about coaches fees, does this include airfare and hotel stay if attending away meet?
We are going to a meet in Texas this year, and Boosters decided to divide the coaches expenses among all team member, not only those who are going. This is fine with me, since we ARE going :), but some parents who aren't going are getting upset over this. Just wondering how others handle situations like this.

Irene -

If its part of the season, it should be added into the total cost and then divided amongst the whole team equally. In our optional season, not all levels travel as much, but they still pay the same team fees.

Coaches fees are two things: travel/lodging/food/rental car and then the actual fee the coach gets paid to coach a session.

Irene -

If its part of the season, it should be added into the total cost and then divided amongst the whole team equally. In our optional season, not all levels travel as much, but they still pay the same team fees.

Coaches fees are two things: travel/lodging/food/rental car and then the actual fee the coach gets paid to coach a session.

It is part of the season, but it's not mandatory, since not everybody can afford to travel that far for a meet. So, those who are not going are getting upset that they have to pay all those coaches fees.

It is written into our team handbook. If you choose to not go to a meet, you do not get a reduction in team fees. The team fees are based on a whole season as the HC determines and his budget cannot tolerate the picking and choosing. Frankly, its just part of the deal and you either get used to it (some would say, suck it up) or you move to a different gym.

We pay a flat monthly fee to the booster club. It includes meet and coach fees. Competition Leo's and warm up. USAG membership. Team bad and something else I can't recall right now. When we fundraiser a flat percentage goes to the general fund and then the rest is divided among the gymnasts.

Coaches fees are divided between the gymnasts attending the meet.

As for regionals etc I have no idea. Maybe the general fund covers part of that.

It is part of the season, but it's not mandatory, since not everybody can afford to travel that far for a meet. So, those who are not going are getting upset that they have to pay all those coaches fees.

In our gym, a gymnast/family who did not attend the meet is not charged coaches fees for that meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back