WAG World Championships 2015 (Gasgow) - which hotel?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Uglybetty

Proud Parent
I know it's mega early to worry about this but I'm just wondering which hotel the teams will use? I know at the British Champs everyone who's anyone stays at Jury's Inn. Is there a similar favoured hotel in Glasgow? I'm thinking in for a penny in for a pound....happy to pay extra for the chance to spot some gymnasts in the hotel.

No idea. Maybe it will be the one they use for the World Cup in November each year. You might be able to find that out.

I imagine the organising committee for worlds is in charge of rooms and booking. They book up huge blocks of rooms a long way ahead and allocate them to the various countries. When the countries all have what they need the spare rooms are released back to the general public.

The chances of getting a room in the athlete hotels are slim. But if you have tickets to Glasgow book something as soon as you can, Glasgow does not have masses of hotels and people attending sporting events have ended up staying in Edinburgh and camping.

This worlds meet, as in the one before the O's, is always a very popular comp. The best seats were gone before the first hour of ticket sales.

The chances of getting a room in the athlete hotels are slim. But if you have tickets to Glasgow book something as soon as you can, Glasgow does not have masses of hotels and people attending sporting events have ended up staying in Edinburgh and camping.

I have tickets and need a 3 night stay. Thanks for the heads up, I will book ASAP.

Worlds are in Glasgow, a nice train ride away. Book a hotel way ahead.

You might want to look into getting a sleeper train (they run overnight from London to Glasgow). More expensive than a regular train but you (a) sleep the long journey (b) save yourself a night in a hotel.

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sleeper/about-the-sleeper

Thanks! appreciate the advice

Best get London sorted and see how much time off I'll have. Would definitely be great to see a pre-Olympic worlds live though!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back