Eeeeeeeeeee!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xrachx

Coach
Proud Parent
As you know, we've moved across the country and have had a bit of a nightmare sorting a gym for DD.

I took some of your advice about looking at the smaller clubs and I found a lovely club locally who seemed to tick all the right boxes (offers competitive options, has kids scoring well etc) so organised DD to go for a trial.

Well that was tonight. And I'm thrilled to say DD was offered to join the club and be placed with their competitive group :D
They weren't worried at all about her being "older" like the other clubs were (she's only 11 after all), and said she'll have lots of opportunities to compete (be it local comps, regional, and voluntary levels).

So any advice to calm down an extremely excited gymnast? :)

It's good that you have found a club that sounds like a great fit for your dd. The gym that my dd's go to give opertunities to "older" children as well, dd told me there is another new girl starting her group next week and she is 13 (she has come from rec), if it is true then dd will be between 6 and 7 years younger than her, dd isn't too pleased as she hates being the youngest and hoped the new girl would be younger than her.

That's brilliant, well done.

I'm with Amusibus - if she's happy and excited I'd let her run with that and take huge pleasure from it. This sport has plenty of stressful moments, when you beat yourself up and fret. If only we could all remember to savor the brilliant bits!

Enjoy your new start.

Thanks everyone!
Not entirely sure she actually slept last night in the end, but she's already up and bouncing round, so I'm just going to let her be :)

May need ear plugs later though if the happy squealing keeps happening lol

So how is the new gym going?
Was that for me?
Dd1 - it's a good fit, she seems to be really enjoying it.
Dd2 - I wasn't intending to move her but that happened! Seems ok, but it's a big change for her from a rec group to f&v group with increased hours, increased conditioning and more structure I guess. We'll see how it goes, but she's not bubbling over with excitement like her big sis. (She would've been making same transition had she stayed at our old gym but with familiar faces/places etc)

So how is the new gym going?

It's going really well!
Some of the girls a little cliquey, but knowing DD, she'll win them all over soon enough :)
Coaches are all impressed with her overall skills, but in particular they said she's very strong on bars.

She's not back in the gym now until the end of the week (they do longer hours over less days which saves me dashing about), but DD has trampolining to keep her active in the mean time :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back