WAG Leotards compulsory vs optionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The leotards are the same at our gym, but the optionals are required to purchase an additional leotard that is used at "special" meets.

Compulsory runs around $200, custom made, worn for 2 years.Optionals around $250 I think, custom and worn until state each year, then a new leo

I implement USA-G L3-10 leos on a 2 year cycle. The vendors typically do not carry the leo material longer than that time frame.

DD just ordered a new leo (same one, next size), and it seems unfortunately the vendor changed their material :( Her smaller one was a thicker spandex, and the new one came in foil. DD despises foil. I double checked the model number on the leo itself, in case the wrong one was ordered, but nope, same model. I'm guessing the owner didn't even know, but man, I wish I would have known - I would have tried to trade or buy a used one from someone outgrowing :(

Seems like most teams in this area have one leo for compulsories and another for optionals. Many have a tank leo for level 3s--our state doesn't compete level 2s.

When we went to NCAA SEC championships, I noticed that the teams wore two different leos. They had a tank leo for podium training and a long-sleeved leo for the actual competition. That's the only NCAA meet I've been to, but I'm assuming this is standard practice at college meets.

It does happen frequently because the compulsory team is so much larger I believe. All USAG girls at my gym have the same leotard, except for the new level 2s that all just have a gym leotard that they're going to wear. They're all between 5-7 so they couldn't care less anyway. I think the Xcel girls will have different leotard though.

We switch our leos every 2 years. This cycle the compulsory and optionals got the same leo. The compulsories(3-5) got the body in blue with silver jewels and the optionals are black body with silver jewels. So same design but there are distinguishing factors between them. We try to stick with black leos for for 6-10s for obvious reasons. And our level 2s have basic tank leos with the gym name on them.

When we went to NCAA SEC championships, I noticed that the teams wore two different leos. They had a tank leo for podium training and a long-sleeved leo for the actual competition. That's the only NCAA meet I've been to, but I'm assuming this is standard practice at college meets.

I think so. I went to the TWU/Oklahoma/Minnesota/Michigan State meet and they did that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back