WAG Deduction for Wrong Vault Value

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
I am curious what the deduction is (if any) for doing a vault with a different value than what's shown to the judges. DD is going to be competing L9 and plans to do a tsuk LO (she's landing them on hard mats). However, she's told me that if she doesn't feel comfortable on equipment at a meet she may want to do a tsuk pike (there are a couple meets we've done where vault either has a short runway or walls in the vicinity of the table -- gets in her head a little and pikes are "easy"). Her pikes are so open now that even when she pikes her coaches think she's doing a LO and just tell her to open up a little more.

I know the SV is .3 different, so what happens if she changes her mind at last minute? Is there an additional deduction (in addition to SV change) for wrong vault value? How open does the LO have to be to count as a LO? I think she said before it could be 30% piked, but not sure if that's written or just coaches experience. Thanks!

They score what they see. For a layout they'll generally look for her body to be stretched coming around to parallel to the floor if she pikes down then it would receive the deduction for a piked down landing. Piking off the table and then opening or doing a fairly open pike around is still a pike.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back