Cirque Du Soleil

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnastisism

Coach
Proud Parent
How difficult is it to get an athletic performance role in a Cirque Du Soleil performance (in terms of trampoline). I've seen performances and the skills are achievable, but I haven't seen many female trampolinists (unless, I've not been paying attention). Do they prefer guys as they, generally, have more power, fearlessness and difficulty or would they hire a female if she meets the requirements?
Also, if there is anyone there with experience, what is the training schedule like when accepted as part of the production and does it open up more opportunities when your contract is up?

Email Rick McCharles from the gymnasticscoaching.com blog. He knows how it works.

I do know lots of people come to Montreal to train with them as that is where their training gym is and their business headquarters. So liking that possibility is relatively important. The Cirque owns housing there too.

Check on youtube as I know there are some documentary type shows out about working for and training with the cirque.

There is a boy at our gym that hopes to do that some day. He has gone up to Montreal for several years now for summer camps. It is a rather rigorous process to be accepted for their summer camps. I imagine to really make it on a show would be very difficult. I have talked with him and his parents about Cirque and it doesn't sound easy at all. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back