Q - about D skills on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
My daughter told me tonight that her Ds on beam are now .2 not .3 like they were last year

Does anyone know if that is true?

I just had my review with the head coach and I don't want to meet with her again. So I thought I would ask here

Thanks

National novice

I can't find any info anywhere about scoring of Novice. It's almost as elusive as finding CPN info.

Maybe Bogwoppit or Hawaii_gymnast (or someone else!) knows or has some insider info. I couldn't find anything on the Gymnastics Canada website which is where I looked.

Unfortunately I am not super in the loop when it comes to National Novice, but I tried to look around. I know I have seen the National Novice documents before, just can't remember where. So I looked in the FIG code of points (NN follows modified FIG) and according to that:
A=0.1
B=0.2
C=0.3
D=0.4
etc.
It is the same in CPP as well, so I am not sure why they would change it for National Novice, when it doesn't affect any other levels. However, I could be wrong here very easily. If I hear anything I will definitely let you know.

So I was googling and found a place to request the documents from Saskatchewan Gymnastics.

http://www.gymsask.com/index.php/programs/womens-artistic/122-wag-competitive

On this page there are a couple of emails provided where you can request the documents. I am sure a parent couldn't, but a judge probably could *cough* hint *cough*. :)

Maybe even the administrator of a large gymnastics website could...

:)

I will try and request the documents from my own provincial women's coordinator, however I probably won't get anything for quite a while. There is so much going on here between our congress coming up, them still looking for meet hosts for big meets, figuring out judging courses for the year and everything is even more chaotic because we are more then likely switching to JO next season. Once I hear back, I will definitely come back to you all with more information.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back