WAG USAG level 3 beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Doesn't need to be high, as there is no angle requirement in L3. However, there is a deduction if it does not maintain a consistent height throughout the movement.

Our coach has the girls doing it high and they spend a lot of time on it, so I have been wondering about this. Is this the kind of thing where a parent should say something? Because generally I never give feedback on the coaching, but DD is not that flexible to begin with so I can't understand why she doesn't let this skill go low and focus on other weak points.

Reactions: sce
Our coach has the girls doing it high and they spend a lot of time on it, so I have been wondering about this. Is this the kind of thing where a parent should say something? Because generally I never give feedback on the coaching, but DD is not that flexible to begin with so I can't understand why she doesn't let this skill go low and focus on other weak points.
Leave it to the coach. Higher standards usually result in stronger/better prepared kids.

Oops sorry, I was thinking of L4! Last year she did it kinda in the middle. Not too high or low. Some more flexible kids did it a bit higher as long as it stayed level. Some less flexis did it lower. As lomg as the toe is pointed, leg locked and level is what coach told us.
:)

Tom Koll and Cheryl Jarrett identified this as a major focus area going into next season, lots of deductions on this for alignment. Level 3 has to touch the toe to beam after so inevitably they drop it and it becomes a deduction. Not the end of the world but if someone is looking for the answer to the question "what is the correct way to do this per the text and connecting choreography" the answer is low -beam level because they have to contact their toe to the beam in the back.

In the other levels they are getting deduction for their leg and hip alignment while doing this due to trying to go too high.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back