WAG Elbow bone spurs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anybody know anything about them? I have bone spurs in my ankle but they don't hurt or make my bones Pop. The one in my elbow just won't get better, it's been 2 weeks of pt and no using my elbow and it feels like it's getting worse instead of better

Well, I had them as a gymnast, and so has one of my gymnasts. We both got ortho surgery to clean up the spur and clean out the chips. It's not a bad surgery and the recovery isn't long either (3 months, 4 tops). If you feel grinding, (not just the joint popping), then you should have an Xray taken. Odds are you have a little spur that will chip away at the adjacent bone, creating a little cluster of small bone fragments. I had 16 small chips in my elbow.
So,,, Go to the DR.
Best of luck.

Well, I had them as a gymnast, and so has one of my gymnasts. We both got ortho surgery to clean up the spur and clean out the chips. It's not a bad surgery and the recovery isn't long either (3 months, 4 tops). If you feel grinding, (not just the joint popping), then you should have an Xray taken. Odds are you have a little spur that will chip away at the adjacent bone, creating a little cluster of small bone fragments. I had 16 small chips in my elbow.
So,,, Go to the DR.
Best of luck.
I've been to the doctor, he's a non surgical orthopedist, so with him surgery not an option, and it's just poping I go back in 2 weeks and if it doesn't feel better after that it's Mari time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back