WAG Need a nice hairstyle for meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, the group is created! It is called Scrunchies Braids and Glitter Spray and you can request to join directly on the group. Looking forward to lots of braid-y chat !

We always had some moms that couldn't do the hairstyle that was agreed upon. We just made plans to meet at the site and do it there. There were several of us that volunteered our services.

This seems to be a perennial dilemma, especially for those of us who have daughter's with long hair. This is DD's 4th competitive season and we are STILL looking for the magical hairstyle. Her hair is very, very thick, but very baby-fine. It also hangs down almost to the small of her back. She refuses to allow scissors anywhere near her head and she has generally been a compliant kid about tolerating her head being used as a mannequin, so I don't fuss too much about it. Buns do NOT work for her hair as they tend to be really, really big and stand up almost like a beehive! Ponytails also do not work as when she goes upside down her hair flips so far in front of her face that it's on the ground in front of her! I am not a magician with hair, but I can get pretty creative and we've always gone with a crown French braid (wish I had a pic, sorry!), braiding the extra length down her back, tying it up and adding the competition scrunchie and then tucking the end back up under the crown and anchoring with bobby pins and hair clips. This has worked for her thus far (and has never caused any issues for her backward rolls--buns did because they were so big even rolling on her arms, the bun would hit the ground) and will likely be her hairstyle this season as well. She is the only one on her team, though, who can pull off this hairstyle, so I am definitely in agreement with the other posters when they encourage you to not have a mandatory hairstyle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back