Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Knee wins!!
d eye.jpg

One girl at DD's gym had knee vs eye that broke some of the small bones around her eye. Another had knee vs TEETH and that was a nasty one involving oral surgery and orthodontia. Once my non-gymnast DD fell in such a way that her knee connected with her eye and she had the worst shiner I have ever seen in real life. It's sort of funny that when you're walking around with your kid and he/she is in a cast or a boot or something, everyone asks about it, but a black eye... Everyone looks but nobody asks. We walked around the zoo a couple of days after, and everybody stared but nobody said a word. I felt like my DH and I both needed a "no, we didn't hit her" shirt. Maybe it's different with a boy, but DD was in the middle of her "pretty dress" phase, and she didn't appear to be the "rough and tumble" kid that she really was. Those are my knee vs face stories. Glad your DD came away with nothing more than a pretty shiner.

Funny how proud they can be of injuries - mine always thought it showed how tough they were. Between gym & wrestling - theres always bruises on my DS!

I'm sure he'll have fun wearing that to school. Very glad it wasn't worse than it was! I've heard about concussions . . .

Yeah, that is a funny thing, MyBoysFlip -- one of DS's just-moved-up-to-L5 teammates got one of the biggest rips I've ever seen at practice last week. He was so proud that it was bad enough that the coach had to use the nail scissors on the flap of skin. Ewwwww!

My dd did this last week. She was sore for awhile.

It's funny of all the falls and injuries I had as a gymnast the knee to the face is one of the most painful I remember. (except for when I tore up my ankle) I remember doing this often for some reason. :)

It could be worse. A few years ago, a girl in DD's gym broke her own nose with her knee landing a front tuck. She had done the skill many times before, but somehow just didn't go right that time.

we were worried that he might have broken his nose. But the swelling is finally going down and we think it is ok. it mgiht be a little crooked, but nothing bad ;) Time will tell!

What was he doing when he did it? Double back? Tsuk?

(At least the boys only have the one bar -- one of DD's teammates broke a tooth in half while working on her straddle back over the summer.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back