WAG Choreography

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stargazer

Gymnast
I'm choreographing my own routine this year and am looking for some inspiration. I particularly liked Jordyn Wieber's 2012 routine because while it wasn't necessarily graceful, she had great musicality and it was mature and fun to watch. I want to avoid making my routine too pose-y, and I love the Canadians' (yes I'm biased :rolleyes: ) and Russians' routines for this - they flow really well in my opinion.

What are some of your favourite dance sequences or routines? My music will be a slightly different cut of this:

I'm doing Masters and will be 22 so I'm looking to avoid anything cutesy, but anything else goes! I have a bit of jazz dance experience so I'm hoping to use that if I can work it in. Thanks everyone!! I'm looking forward to seeing some cool dance clips :)

I really like my current choreography, actually, but I haven't got a video of that because it's not quite ready yet! :p

You could always try looking at older routines, from when the gymnasts were often a bit older and there wasn't as much need to cram in difficulty so they danced more. One of my favourites - I know it's a bit more floaty than your music, but there are some cool things in there:

You could also look up jazz dances from competition soloists who're sort of 13-ish and up! They'll be doing more mature choreography and you might even find something to the music you're using :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back