WAG State qualifying score for level 5?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can't speak for other gyms in our state (or optionals), but the 32 has never left one girl at home in compulsories. A 34.5 would have left probably 2 or 3 out of the 10 in our group.

32 as well...DDs entire team of 48 girls went! Seems way too low to me tbh. Like someone else mentioned either make it really low or much higher. I'd honestly not bother w the age divisions then, either. DD is on the younger end of the ages for her team but I'd still like to see it as either one group OR maybe a jr and sr, not so broken down.

I was surprised when I saw the requirements for old 4/new 3 and new 4. The 32 seems super low to me too. I would have thought qualifying to states was a big deal, but in my state it's not.

Ok I take the 33 back, for mn it is 32 , it is our coach that is making it a 33 for just our kids. Not sure how I feel about this

I remember a few years back our state inacted the 37 rule, (score a 37 last year and your scores don't count towards team). This was done to help out the kids. Okay I thought, HOWEVER at the exact same time they upped the state qualifying score to a 34! What? Of course I asked all the board members what the philosophy was behind these two contradictory rules, (which is it? Help out the kids or..... The Club). Needless to say the score was lowered back to a 32 the next year.... I am still scratching my head about that one...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back