New to this and questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
So, my YDD is now officially on a T&T team, after trying for a couple years to make an artistic team without success. Her coach emailed me that her levels are for this season are: 4 tumbling, 4 or 5 trampoline (undecided but trying for 5), 5 for DM. Having only experience with artistic competitions, I have couple of questions.

Do level fours actually compete, or would level 4 events just be left out until she gets to level 5? I had previously been told level 4 was preteam before moving.

You can compete without competing all events?

Each event at different levels?

Any major and important differences between artistic and T&T competitions that I should know about?

She started T&T about 6 weeks ago, so I am still learning. Heck, ODD has only had a total of 3 completions at xcel bronze, and I am still learning more about artistic as she moves to xcel gold this season. Their seasons overlap too. Fun times! Ha ha

Hi There :)
As you know my YDD is also doing T&T. To answer your questions that I can :)
Yes 4s compete especially in tumbling. Most of our level 5's last year on tramp and dm were 4 on tumbling.
Yes she can compete all 3 events or just 1 or 2. At lower levels it is more common to do all 3. At elite levels it is more common to focus on 1 or 2. One of my DD's coaches is an elite and just does tumbling and tramp.
Yes each event can be a different level and often times are. Which is one of the cool things about T&T. My DD loves DM is is up training that while we are crossing fingers for level 5 tumbling-has 2 robhs needs 4.
From what I saw last year T&T comps are much less intense :) Also at least in my State results are up on a big screen broken up by level and age. So you can track how she is doing.
Check out your regions website for good info. The other thing I did not know was T&T age groups go by the age they will be on Dec 31st of the competing year. So my DD just turned 8 in Sep but her season is Jan thru May so she will compete as a 9/10 year old....
My DD is doing XCel and T&T so we have overlapping meet weekends :) Add in my other DD and you got crazy :)
Someone probably more educated can elaborate we just started in summer :)

Thanks! So DD is ten, but will be counted as eleven- good to know. Also, and I know this is a stupid question- but do boys and girls compete separately like in artistic? I wasn't sure because the team practices are coed. The norcal website is basically devoid of info, so I am glad I have chalkbucket!

I think Nationals is only level 5 and up, but you will see level 4's(even 3's)at invitationals and states.

Can someone tell me how to find T&T gyms in one's area? I know one gym near me recently started a program, but I don't know of any others.

I know that all the gyms that compete in our state are listed on our state t&t website. That might be the easiest place to start..

Eta: also, the meet scores for the states competition last year would be a good place to look also.

I don't think we have a state T&T website...and I don't see anything on our region's website either. I think it is very new here!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back