WAG Meet scores shared?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ginger and sbonham -

If you read my post, I said that the results are sent to the state website for posting. And oh by the way, mymeetscores pulls the from there.

So sbonham, I don't know what "act" you want me to get together, but I challenge you to be a meet director for a large meet, as a volunteer, and see if you have enough time to hold every parent's hand to get meet results after the meet is over.

MeetDirector, I did read your first post. You said you sent the meet results to your state website, nothing about posting. Our state website never posts the meet results (at least they didn't last year - this is our 2nd comp season, so I don't know how it worked before), but I suppose (just my guess), everyone hosting an USAG sanctioned meet has to send them the results and scores from that meet. Doesn't mean they post them online. Our state website obviously doesn't, or didn't during 2013-14 meet season.

I didn't and don't mean to offend or attack you, I am just curious. It sound like you put someone else (state website, participating gyms) in charge of sharing/posting the results from your meet. Why you just don't post them on the host gym/or meet website ? That's where the people look for them first, obviously.

Do you ever worry about putting out the meet scores online, public with gymnast name, gym, state, etc? I am not that anonymous online, but I don't share whole name, gym name, state, birthday, etc. To me, maybe some gyms feel that publically publishing things like that is too much informtion put out publically.

With all the results from USAG meets that are shared online, it wouldn't make much difference if one particular gym decided not to post the results for safety reasons. But it makes difference to us parents if we don't have the results from the meet our child attended.

Last year, our home meet signed up with Meetscoresonline, which provides live scoring. The site is a bit of a pain to search, but overall it seems to be more accurate and faster than Mymeetscores.

So sbonham, I don't know what "act" you want me to get together, but I challenge you to be a meet director for a large meet, as a volunteer, and see if you have enough time to hold every parent's hand to get meet results after the meet is over.

I've volunteered in a number of large (>1000 participants) meets - AND I've sat in the stands with the family members - ahemmm(!!!) paying spectators (in the last meet the admission price was $40 per person btw) - and I don't think my suggestions are outrageous requests. With my suggestion - the response of "Look on the inside of the front cover of the meet program for details about accessing meet results" is pretty do-able "hand holding" for a meet worker. You could even have the meet announcer mention it a couple of times every session... and also have the awards announcer point it out... and flash it up on the projected slide show occasionally that seems to be part of every large meet.

I'm sorry I offended you and others who are hosting meets... I know they are difficult and often mostly thankless tasks. But they do generate enormous income and by and large do NOT cater to the fans. I believe we could easily treat them better...

(I am the OP).... to Meet Director- our state does not post them. I want to know the scores b/c when you qualify for state in CO, you are divided into groups on how you score against others, that is why... and our state does not post every "AA" meet scores- they actually do not post any that we have been to. And I am a big Scrapbooker, yes, might be lame - but paper memories to me are worth more than digital.

And when I am paying as much as I pay - yes, I feel the gym should release the meet scores.... otherwise I feel they are hiding something... I want to know the "team score".... maybe I want to see how we are doing against others.... maybe I might move to Denver some day so I will
be able to pick some gyms to tour that are "reputable"....

If scores were not meant to be released then each athlete and their parents and their coach would be marched in the gym one by one and perform privately!

Thank you for those that responded cordially.... carry on, carry on..... nothing more to see here...... lol..... Gosh I love chat rooms.....

Do you ever worry about putting out the meet scores online, public with gymnast name, gym, state, etc? I am not that anonymous online, but I don't share whole name, gym name, state, birthday, etc. To me, maybe some gyms feel that publically publishing things like that is too much informtion put out publically.

USAG rules prohibit posting birthdays, though scores can be reported by age competition groups. Most meets around here do post them, but a few don't. I like looking afterward, but if they're not available online, oh well. I'd probably be more unhappy if most of them weren't online.

What I have come to like a lot is live scoring -- not for my kid, because I know what's going on with him, but so I can see how the guys and gals in the other sessions are doing! It wasn't like being there, but we did feel like we were sharing the excitement a little bit when we watched online last spring as our L9s and L10s qualified to nationals.

Last edited:
USAG rules prohibit posting birthdays, though scores can be reported by age competition groups. Most meets around here do post them, but a few don't. I like looking afterward, but if they're not available online, oh well. I'd probably be more unhappy if most of them weren't online.

What I have come to like a lot is live scoring -- not for my kid, because I know what's going on with him, but so I can see how the guys and gals in the other sessions are doing! It wasn't like being there, but we did feel like we were sharing the excitement a little bit when we watched online last spring as our L9s and L10s qualified to nationals.

D's first year, and maybe his 2nd, they did post birthdays. I remember thinking how strange that was!

What level is your daughter and how old is she? What does your child expect from the sport? What do you expect? How important are the scores to your daughter and does she obsess over them? Or are you asking more for your own gratification? Let's be honest here--we all like those proud parent moments, and scores too easily feed that!

We have 2 daughters, both involved in the sport. For D1 (no longer competing), gym was more an (expensive) social outlet, but she successfully competed thru the compulsory levels. She was never driven to excel and was reasonably happy with her scores, no matter what they were. D2, a L10, has been passionate about the sport from day 1, catching up with D1 (2 yrs older) by the time they both started competing L4. Early on, we tried not to let scores become too big a deal for her, though we did track them when available. Over the years, she got to know (and became friends with) her closest competitors, and the scores let her know where she is relative to then.

One word of caution on MMS and MSO: they are reporting platforms, only as good as the data entered. Over the years, our girl's scores have been listed under mis-spelled names, first and last names reversed, and in one case, completely missing from a meet (even though the PDF showed her results). Wish there were a way to get these fixed as I know these results are looked at by gyms & other coaches (possibly college coaches too?)

One word of caution on MMS and MSO: they are reporting platforms, only as good as the data entered. Over the years, our girl's scores have been listed under mis-spelled names, first and last names reversed, and in one case, completely missing from a meet (even though the PDF showed her results). Wish there were a way to get these fixed as I know these results are looked at by gyms & other coaches (possibly college coaches too?)

If you do a search, you will come across several threads addressing this especially concerning mymeetscores.com. My DD's last name is also misspelled and there are several errors. One meet she attended they uploaded every session except one, and of course it was my DD's. Which really sucked because it's a pretty big meet and she had a great showing. But there is no contact information and no means to point out errors so anything I read on that site, I read knowing that I'm not getting correct or complete data.

If you do a search, you will come across several threads addressing this especially concerning mymeetscores.com. My DD's last name is also misspelled and there are several errors. One meet she attended they uploaded every session except one, and of course it was my DD's. Which really sucked because it's a pretty big meet and she had a great showing. But there is no contact information and no means to point out errors so anything I read on that site, I read knowing that I'm not getting correct or complete data.

I don't know if it was my doing, but DD's States scores were only half uploaded (from last December). Her day was not. I submitted the link for those scores, I'd say, every two-three weeks to MMS. They finally showed up last week :)
But what's funny is that now the sessions that were already there show up twice...

It is really a shame that someone doesn't do that website up right. I would totally pay a subscription to that site IF it was mostly complete and had a means to communicate errors. It has so much potential to be an awesome resource.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back