Parents National TOPS testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I should add I brought girls that were on A and B last year and a last years Diamond kid that all pretty much maxed out in 4 state tests all in different areas.

Well, that will make my daughter feel better! Even though she was much stronger with her skills, she thought her scores were lower than they had ever been at national testing.

Our coach said the same thing about the 10 year old division. It was the toughest scoring in over 20+ years that they have been doing TOPS, but it seemed tough on everyone and fair.

Our coach said the same thing about the 10 year old division. It was the toughest scoring in over 20+ years that they have been doing TOPS, but it seemed tough on everyone and fair.

Yep, our coach said the exact same thing ... thank goodness it was consistent!

Wow! This is so exciting to "know" people who are actually going! I hope that's us someday. Good luck to all! Keep us posted :)

I don't even know what my daughters scores were. All I have is she did good on physical abilities and after skills I got she had some deductions. I almost don't want to even ask at this point. Although I believe if I pushed the issue I could get them. After skills my DD was not too happy with her performance, because of nerves it wasn't her best so who knows. She had excellent preparation and did all the harder skills. I am just anxiously waiting and hopeful.

Does anyone know why they offer different options on skills? I know they aren't weighted differently.

I too thought it was out of 100? That's how I've been figuring it....does anyone know if the cutoff scores have been roughly around the same year to year?

I don't even know what my daughters scores were. All I have is she did good on physical abilities and after skills I got she had some deductions. I almost don't want to even ask at this point. Although I believe if I pushed the issue I could get them. After skills my DD was not too happy with her performance, because of nerves it wasn't her best so who knows. She had excellent preparation and did all the harder skills. I am just anxiously waiting and hopeful.

Does anyone know why they offer different options on skills? I know they aren't weighted differently.

I think some skills are awarded bonus. For instance, I believe 9 and 10yo can get bonus on bars by doing 2 different close bar circling elements in lieu of the 2 clear hip circles.

I like that we find out on Halloween. This way, I'm happy time moves slower as I don't have costumes for my kids yet :) Awaiting the verdict for DD 8 who had a lot of fun and badly hopes to return but had an uncharacteristic trip on the way to vault. We shall see...

I like that we find out on Halloween. This way, I'm happy time moves slower as I don't have costumes for my kids yet :) Awaiting the verdict for DD 8 who had a lot of fun and badly hopes to return but had an uncharacteristic trip on the way to vault. We shall see...
Yes, this is true, BUT I really wanted to find out before. Hubs and I thought she could go as Alvin if she made the A team! How cute would that be??

Ugh

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1413809300.787857.jpg

So funny reading this thread on waiting. My daughter did TOPS for two years. I loved it. She, not too much--coach wanted it more for herself really. I didn't realize this until later. We're not at that gym anymore. Now, my daughter thinks back with some fondness and pride. I recall the waiting, both after state testing and after national testing. Keep the sense of humour. Hope results are out soon! Good luck to all. Keep us posted.

So funny reading this thread on waiting. My daughter did TOPS for two years. I loved it. She, not too much--coach wanted it more for herself really. I didn't realize this until later. We're not at that gym anymore. Now, my daughter thinks back with some fondness and pride. I recall the waiting, both after state testing and after national testing. Keep the sense of humour. Hope results are out soon! Good luck to all. Keep us posted.

Thanks for getting the joke! My wife didn't think it was funny! Haha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back