Parents we have a kipper

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

z2akids

Proud Parent
DD was dancing all night she was so excited to get her kip for the first time. She did it a few times in practice yesterday. Now the question becomes - how long until she isn't just muscling up and it looks pretty and how long until she managed a kip of any kind again.

At least she has over a year before she has to have it condition ready. But, she would like to compete it on L3 this winter.

Congrats! That's a big skill. I don't know how long but I'm sure someone can give you an idea

Congrats!
From what I saw, it varies. One of our current L5 couldn't get straight arms all her L4 (last) season. She actually missed most of her kips during practices also (probably because she focused on straight arms, while during comps she just 'saved' it muscling up?? I never saw her compete, but from her scores I would guess she never missed it - always in 7s). It is much better now, but still muscles up sometimes, especially during the low bar kip (the ones that come from free hip circle and her high bar kips look much better). My older DD got her kip about three months ago, and it is consistent now and half of times straight-armed, and one of her teammates who got her kip one month before her looks even better than my DD now, so four months from her very first kip to a quite consistent straight-armed one. My younger DD still muscles up and got her high bar kip approximately one month after the low bar one.
So, I would say, if they work on kips during practices (I think our L3s don't, sadly), one year is plenty of time to master it! And she will impress everyone if she is able to compete it in her L3 routine. Good luck!

Thanks Ginger. I was mostly rhetorical. I know there is know way to when it will be pretty or even when she will manage another kip. I was mostly just laughing at myself that they're is always the next thing to wonder about with their gymnastics.

Thanks everyone. She is pretty excited still. Has regular team practice today, but don't know if they will work on them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back