WAG New here with a question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Flipsandgrips2002

Hi there!

I'm new to this site so I haven't quite found out where to post this.
My name is Danielle. I'm a self taught gymnast, but I'll soon be joining a gym.
I live in Ireland and I'm new to ChalkBucket. Also, I have a question.

Soon when I'm joining a gym I know after awhile ( If they think you have what it takes) they might promote you to be on a competitive team. So since you need a parent there at your meets, I was just wondering, could I still be able to go to meets if my parent is at work? My parent would be at work nearly all the time, and shes a single parent.

In the U.S., many gymnasts attend meets without their parents. They usually get a ride with another gymnast. I know we've taken kids to lots of meets, including travel meets. So, in the US there is no rule that parents have to attend meets and most gyms don't want team parents watching every practice. Parents usually only need to sign the release and make payments, although most parents are more involved than that.

Are you making an assumption that your parents have to be with you all the time or is that a rule in Ireland?

In the U.S., many gymnasts attend meets without their parents. They usually get a ride with another gymnast. I know we've taken kids to lots of meets, including travel meets. So, in the US there is no rule that parents have to attend meets and most gyms don't want team parents watching every practice. Parents usually only need to sign the release and make payments, although most parents are more involved than that.

Are you making an assumption that your parents have to be with you all the time or is that a rule in Ireland?
Thanks ofr the reply! Also, I'm not sure. Competitive gymnastics isn't that big in Ireland so i'm not sure if thats a rule. Thanks for the info, it helped alot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back