WAG One very happy little gymnast and mom!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ErinEclectic

Proud Parent
A few months ago in July, We moved and got some really great advice on here about which gym to switch to. So I thought I would post an update on how things have worked out.

DD was put onto the preteam based on her strength and flexibility, with about 12 other girls around her age. In August, most of those girls were pulled up to the level 2 team. Of the girls left, a couple quit and that left my daughter and one other girl in the preteam group. This continued until about a month ago and now they have 4 in their group. Her coach said she would have pulled DD onto the team if she had had her a few months earlier since she was almost ready, just mostly had form issues (old gym wasn't very strict). Right now she trains 6 hours a week, up from 2.5 at her old gym and she would keep going if we let her.

When we started at the new gym, DD would only climb to the level of her coach's head on the rope because she "was scared of heights" but now she climbs all the way to the gym ceiling and can climb halfway using straddle something or others, and can do about 5 pulls up the rope sitting in pike using just her arms.

She couldn't do a back hip circle but now she can and is learning the mill circle.

But the most exciting news is that last night, she got her back handsprings all by herself without her coach even near her! So proud! When we came to the gym she'd never even been spotted on one before. She was so excited she was shaking! Her coach made a big deal and let her bring me into the gym to show me some.

I'm so glad for coaches that expect a lot and are free with praise when praise is due. Her confidence in the gym is growing and I love to watch her work towards a skill and learn that dedication and guts gets you somewhere.

I am so glad the move went so smoothly! She will totally ready for team by the next season at her current rate!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back