Parents Gifts for coaches?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NMNorskie

Proud Parent
My daughter is only in rec classes so far, but she LOVES her coaches (and so do we--they're fantastic). I would like to get them something for Christmas, but I'm not sure if that's a thing people do. This is our first year in gymnastics, so I have no idea what the norms are.

Do you get your coaches a gift?

My daughter is only in rec classes so far, but she LOVES her coaches (and so do we--they're fantastic). I would like to get them something for Christmas, but I'm not sure if that's a thing people do. This is our first year in gymnastics, so I have no idea what the norms are.

Do you get your coaches a gift?
We have given coaches Christmas gifts since my kids were in Mom and Tot classes. Yes do it! :) We used to give them a small batch and body set, sometimes an $10 gift card etc.

I think that's a great idea! I was wondering what would be appropriate myself. Problem is though is that we have a few coaches so I am kind of lost on who,what and how much to spend.

Yes, we usually give gifts to the coaches at Christmas. They work hard and some weeks see my DD more than I do :) Usually gift cards (Target, food places etc). Depending on level of involvement I have given $10 -$25 cards.

My older daughter has 4 coaches and we pool money from all of the parents in her level and give one large gift card to each of them. My younger daughter has 2 coaches and I buy them individual gift cards (I don't know her teammates' parents as well, I'm sure this may change as time goes by).

We have done little food gifts, like cookies, hot cocoa mix, or sugared nuts, and homemade hand scrub for the female coaches.

image.jpg
image.jpg
One year I did these. The first one us my daughter but the second were kids in my dd group in their coaches name. It was a lot of work

Local coffee shop gift cards (Starbucks or DD). I've never met a coach who doesn't need a caffeine fix at some point during their loooong days at the gym!

I make artisan soap, so I usually give all coaches and teachers handmade soap baskets for Xmas and end-of-year gifts.
As a coach, I have received coffee shop GC, handwritten cards, little candles, hand sanitizer etc. all very appreciated!! :) It just feels nice to be given a small token of appreciation, it really does NOT have to be much. I cherish the little handwritten notes/pictures/cards my students have given me the most!

Handwritten notes are the best along with gift cards to local grocery stores,target or a fast food place you know they frequent. Look and see if they carry in a Starbucks cup, or McDonalds or whatever.

Please don't give food or fragrances. As a teacher I often received chocolates or cookies because "everyone loves sweets" except I don't and the cookies made with love went in the trash and I felt guilty. Scented body lotion is also on my "please don't " list for anyone. What smells great to you may not to them and as a single woman I have given away a store full of bath and body works lotions from well meaning friends and family.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back