Parents National TOPS testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

News yes. But all the other people need to stay off it. I do not need to hear about what people are knitting, selling, pushing, bragging about, wishing they could afford, had for breakfast etc etc etc.

So I stay off it. I watch the BBC and Al Jazeera for real news, the rest is twaddle.

At least a few teams just received their official tops results to their coach. Sounds like everyone (should) have results as of around 5:30 EST unless they are being staggered somehow.

Is it 50 A and 60 B? Did you have some qualifiers, JBS?

We only tested my daughter...this was our clubs first year testing in many years. She did not qualify...she tested with a slightly pulled hamstring...she would have had a luck shot without the hamstring. Our goal was to try and make national testing and learn for next year.

Yes...50 and 60.

JBS, why did you decide to start testing again?

Although I have been running many parts of the team for a while now...I officially became head coach halfway through last season when our owner and head coach stepped down to have more family time. While we are still operating the team under the same mission statement...the team is changing quickly.

My wife and I have never done TOPs...our daughter was the right age...and we want to learn. We now have 5 kids training for TOPs for next season.

Our JO team goal is "to produce and maintain a team of L10's that have college potential". We believe TOPs will help us with that...and we don't want to rule out elite gymnastics either.

I found out this morning my daughter made the A team!! She came out of testing the second day looking defeated and cried thinking she failed somehow, such a perfectionist. I did not know what to think. As I got some of the details I thought to myself its not that bad, however you never know. As I dropped her off at practice this morning everyone else knew but us. The coach made a formal announcement, it was a total surprise. She cried when she heard. I am so proud and happy for her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back