Parents Confession time- who's Dd's have extra Leo's? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

auswi

Proud Parent
Dd has more leotards then she needs( no compulsory training leo at our gym) - and I finally figured out why!!! She only wears versions of stretchy shorts / leggings outside gym( it's just so easy to move Mum-translation- do gymnastics everywhere :) ) so the only time I get to buy her pretty girly outfits that she'll be guaranteed to get a lot of wear out of is to buy Leo's LOL......so do your Dd's have more Leo's then they need? Interested if other CBers are the same?

When I wash leos, I hang them to dry. They make their way upstairs and I hold them in my room to make dd wear them all. I have 12 leos in my room and at last count she still had 10 in her drawer! In all fairness, she is at the gym 5 days a week and sometimes I kind of stink at keeping up with the laundry ;)

I wouldn't consider them extra, I consider them "having choices"! We do have a mandatory training Leo (2, in fact) that the girls are supposed to wear on certain days. They don't HAVE to, but most do. They have gym usually 4days/wk. my kiddo probably has 15-20 leos. :) I figure my girls are at their chosen activities so much (my older DD is a dancer and dances 5-6 days/wk) that they should be able to have some choices and to express themselves with their workout wear the same way they can with regular clothes. :) I wouldn't want to wear the same exact thing day in and day out! :)

We have gym 3 days a week (OG and YG) and 2 days a week (LSS - lil step sis) ... we have 3 current competition leotards... 3 old competition leotards... 2 2-piece leotards... and AT LEAST 33 tank leotards. These are the ones I have counted, but I know there are a couple in the hamper and at least 2 "missing in action."

We have a 5 drawer plastic "tower" that we keep all leotards (other than current competition leos) in. We sort by size... CM & CL, AXS, AS, AM, and AL.......... Lol, we also have a matching tower that holds swimsuits and gym shorts... 3 drawers of swimsuits and 2 drawers of shorts.

DD has around 12 I think, but to be fair she's inherited a few from some of the other girls at gym because she is so teeny. She has two that were the giveaways at meets (which I much prefer to tshirts because at least these fit her and get worn). She will go through phases of wearing the same two or three for awhile, then switch. Sometimes I'll come into the gym and wonder where she is because she's wearing a leo I don't normally see her in. She often wears those little booty shorts over them because she has a shorter torso so leos sometimes sag if they are a little too big. We don't have required leos for training.

For everyday wear she puts tight fitting shorts or leggings under her skirts and dresses (including her school uniform) as she loves her "pretty" clothes but isn't so keen on showing her pants.
DD trains 3 days per week and has 3 LS training leos, 10ish SS leos, 2 crop tops, "a few" pairs of shorts.
I may have bought some more for Christmas too.......

When I wash leos, I hang them to dry. They make their way upstairs and I hold them in my room to make dd wear them all. I have 12 leos in my room and at last count she still had 10 in her drawer! In all fairness, she is at the gym 5 days a week and sometimes I kind of stink at keeping up with the laundry :)

I like your tactic. Mine has about 8, that she supposedly loves, but I find she's wearing the same 3 all the time. (she goes 4X/week).
So we talked about it. She has a bunch of velour ones because that's all that she'd wear (she is sensory-picky). I tried a silkier one with no seams, and it became her new favorite. So I found another. Then she realized that in August in Florida, the velour are making her sweat more. So they're dropping out of favorite. And now she wants pretty ones (which I'm all for, as I'm done buying all single color velour ones!).

So I'm in the middle of 10 being delivered from Ebay. Once I have them all, and she decides which ones fit okay, I told her that this is the one time I will let her get rid of ones strictly because they aren't pretty enough anymore. (I've been pushing her to try new ones, so it's my own doing.)
Then I get to go back to Ebay, but as the seller :)

Mine only do 2 days a week. Dd1 has 4 that fit, dd2 has 1 that fits, we have 1 missing - well actually dd2 can fit in dd1s but chooses not too.
But 1 of dd1s is her old clubs comp tank Leo, it seems like bad etiquette to wear at new club.
I am about to get a new one for dd1 and I have promised dd2 I will order her one.
So we don't have enough.

You all are feeding my addiction. My kid is in rec twice a week. She has 12 leos, and I just bought two more for Christmas. I was feeling bad about it, but now I think I might buy more. :)

My excuse is that (a) I hate doing laundry so I buy them enough clothes that I don't have to do it often, and (b) we live in a drought state, so I make sure the washer is full when I run it. So basically I'm saving the environment when I buy more leos. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

What is "extra" leos? :D DD actually only has about 8, I think. She's getting one from the Halloween Fairy, so that'll be 9. She wears each leo twice and I make her take responsibility for washing, hanging up, and putting away. She goes 5x/week now.

Hmm, my DD only has 6 (other than the 1 for current comps), so now I am feeling more and more justified at perhaps buying her a "Congrats on finishing L3 season" leo.... :rolleyes:

Interestingly, the girls at our gym don't seem to have a million leos. I see them wear the same 3-4 leos over and over again. I recognize most of them from across the gym by their specific leos. So I was feeling that I was that over-indulging gym mom outfitting her with 5 already (technically only 3 extras, as 2 are team workout ones, and 1 is from a meet)! I was thinking the gym is going to think we must be rich (ha!). :cool:

My son only has 3 and a competition one. Im always trying to persuade him that pink and sparkly is good but he's not having it and red trim on a black leo is as adventurous as he will go! I always tell him it's the only time I wish he was a girl!!!
Girls leos are mich more exciting!

My oldest DD has around 10, youngest has 7. Youngest can wear oldest because she has a longer torso.... You will never see them wear the same leo in a week LOL

FWIW, except for the competition Leo, ours all go in the washer/dryer and we've never had any problems.

Us too. But I also won't spend a lot of money on practice leos. There's a great source for budget leos in www.look-it.com I got DD two from their "grab bag" selection (you don't get to pick the design) and she LOVES them. They ship quickly and send free scrunchies too! Customer service is great.

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1414100707.268798.jpg

Extra is a matter of perception. I think DDs need two each- one practice and one comp, but they would heartily disagree. This pic is only one DDs collection, without her comp leo shown. There are four more coming through her season as meet gifts. She definitely has more leos than outfits!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back