Parents Confession time- who's Dd's have extra Leo's? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This thread is making me so jealous. When is my daughter going to grow out of wanting to wear the SAME one for every practice!?

And for the record, we only have 5...

My preteam DD has 9. But I bought them all when she was still in rec. I spent many years buying black soccer shorts and white baseball pants for my DSs, so I just went crazy when DD "needed" cute colorful leos for gymnastics.

If you have enough to lay out and count, you don't have enough! I'm constantly finding leos that I haven't seen in weeks. She is drowning in them but I keep on buying!

Through preteam to the end of L4 season (about 1 year), my daughter had ONE (1) leo! She practiced about 3 hours a day, 2 times a week at L4. With all the activities of all my kids, it never occurred to me to buy her another leo until one day she finally asked for another one at the L4 state meet. So, I got another one. Fast forward to present, she's an L10 this year, last we counted she has 37. I just got her two new ones the other day. So that makes 39. Note: Believe it or not she can still fit into her very first leo (which by the way was a hand me down from her older sister who took gymnastics for a couple months). I guess she wore it to death that one year and continued to wear it through the years, it had stretched/grown with her, and believe me she did grow. She has since tossed many leos she has outgrown but to this date, it is still one of her favorite leos.

You can never have enough! It is the only thing that I can still buy for my DD without prior approval :) I think we have somewhere around 16. She practices 4 times a week.

dd practices 4 days a week and has 5 leos.
i stalk ebay all the time, though, so i window shop for them more than i actually buy.
but, she did just move up a size, so give me time. lol.

I keep telling myself "no more" then I see an extra cute one that I know she will love! She has a clinic in November she will get a leo from, 2 meets that give leos as gifts, and I'm pretty sure grandma will buy at least one at a meet. Plus, she is the smallest on team....so she gets a lot of hand me downs. Oh, and the new training tank I paid $$$ for that will be here eventually

My dd had 1 for her 1st year of gym and was going 3 times a week we now go 5 days a week and we prob have at least 20 I swear I can't remember when she last wore normal clothes we change straight from school uniform to gym clothes to pjs every week day apart from one and her choice of clothing on non gym day ... You guessed it Leo's grrrr

My dd has A LOT! (more than 20). She grows very little each year, so she doesn't really grow out of them. She is in her 3rd year in a Child Medium with more room left. We have finally started to give away the ones she doesn't wear anymore. I do believe in inexpensive though... and she is perfectly happy with that:)

I think dd has 3 that I would consider expensive (besides her comp Leo), one grandma bought for $60 at a meet when dd had mono and couldn't compete, and her two training tanks ($72 and $92). The rest are generally grab bags and ebay

Oh wow! This is amusing to me. My DD trains 2x per week (sometimes 3) and has 3 leos -of which she only wears two bc she finds one of them scratchy. She is getting one as her Halloween costume so that will make 4 (or 3 if you discount the one she doesn't wear). Maybe I will get her a few more. YDD does gymnastics 1x per week in rec and has 2 leos.

I feel bad for my dd now. ;) She goes 3 times a week and only has 4 leos (well 5 if you include her competition leotard). I didn't realize how deprived she was! lol I guess we haven't really been around long enough to accumulate a ton though.

DD has quite a few she doesn't like toys so they are a good go to gift for birthdays and Christmas, and I also make them for her so she is always asking me to make more.

My ODD has about 6 that fit-she is between sizes. YDD has around 10. She gets the hand me downs. Leos are on the Grandma Christmas list :)

More than 40, but the same 10 get most of the wear. The leos passed down from the older optional girls are way better and more comfortable than the expensive leos purchased at meets per my DD. Therefore this meet season not one new leo has been bought.

My dd does one hour a week rec gym... She has (omg) 4 Leo's!

My ds who trains nor has stirrups and 3 Leo's but apparently his big gym tend to train in t shirts and stirrups but he's still going Leo's and stirrups or shorts as its smarter :)
I have smartness issues it would appear,,.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back