Parents Confession time- who's Dd's have extra Leo's? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The thing is that when you have two of 'em and the son is the younger one, you are at high risk of accumulating an impressive singlet collection because otherwise It's Not Fair. I just wish the practice pommel pants would stop disappearing because no one ever seems to hold a grab bag sale on the darn things.

Phew! and I thought I was the only one! LOL!

For 2 full years, 3 X a week, DD wore ONE leo. When I say she was sensory-picky, that doesn't even begin to explain it. Now that we've got a bunch, someone just mentioned a few weeks back "Oh, I remember that blue one she always wore!" So as soon as she would start wearing others, I'd buy them. I felt like I should shout from the rooftops when she would agree on a new one. (Now, though, I'd be shouting way too much, because now she wants every one she sees! Although, we still have sensory issues - can't be itchy, can't have diagonal front seams, can't be too high on neck, can't have cutout in the back - so although I buy 8 at a time on ebay, we typically only keep 3 of them at a time.)

Dd has 15 that fit now plus competition. She has her favorites but I save all of them when she outgrows them. Grandma is going to turn them into quilt blocks and make her quilt out of them.

I think we have around 20 plus a bunch of shorts. She cycles through them pretty well but has a preference for squishy velvet ones. She has one long sleeve that she doesn't wear because it's too hot.

Love the idea of turning them into a quilt! I point blank refuse to get rid of any even though hubby insists I'm not allowed to buy anymore till I do, she still wears her 1st ever one I love spending the time to get one no one else has and that's fairly unique. I am know as the crazy leotard buying mum at my gym!

Phew! and I thought I was the only one! LOL!

For 2 full years, 3 X a week, DD wore ONE leo. When I say she was sensory-picky, that doesn't even begin to explain it. Now that we've got a bunch, someone just mentioned a few weeks back "Oh, I remember that blue one she always wore!" So as soon as she would start wearing others, I'd buy them. I felt like I should shout from the rooftops when she would agree on a new one. (Now, though, I'd be shouting way too much, because now she wants every one she sees! Although, we still have sensory issues - can't be itchy, can't have diagonal front seams, can't be too high on neck, can't have cutout in the back - so although I buy 8 at a time on ebay, we typically only keep 3 of them at a time.)

Mine wasn't as sensory picky as yours but she was, and still is, a pill when it comes to seams. She wore velvet leos forEVER. Now she will wear the normal ones but not if they have seams. Seams are the devil. And bling if she can feel it through the leos.

But even in her picky days, I cannot stop buying them. I LOVE them! The saddest part of DD quitting gymnastics will be when I can't go to the meets and enjoy all of the pretty leos on the competitors.

That reminds me....she's getting low on shorts. Must go shop! We always make sure she has two pair of matching shorts for each leo. But those seem to go missing with more frequency than leos. We are forever loaning leos and shorts to her friends. Sometimes they make their way back and sometimes they don't.

My girls usually have about 10 each that fit. My younger dd gets the hand-me-downs so probably has a few more. Plus this summer a slew of them quit and came in with all their leos telling the other girls to "take what they wanted" so she got a few new ones. Of course they don't wear them all regularly, they have their favorites for sure.

Mine wasn't as sensory picky as yours but she was, and still is, a pill when it comes to seams. She wore velvet leos forEVER. Now she will wear the normal ones but not if they have seams. Seams are the devil. And bling if she can feel it through the leos.

Seams are TOTALLY the devil!!!

DD has maybe 8-10? She has 4 that she typically rotates through. I do love buying them, but I had to stop because she wouldn't wear them all. Now she also has been offered a few hand-me-downs, so I may not have to buy any for a long time (she's one of the smallest on her team so lots of girls to hand down clothes!)

Wow, DD goes 4 days (going up to 5 days next month) per week and she only has 6 if you count her comp leo. I need to step up my game!

Reactions: sce
DD11 has either 5 or 6, and she is there twice a week. When we switched from dance, I could not believe how many dance clothes she had accumulated that we had to get rid of -- how in the world do they multiply like that!?

I will admit she is getting another for Christmas . . . I had already bought her sister more dance clothes, so I couldn't leave her out, right? ;)

This is DD2 collection a few months ago! There have been a few more additions since this was taken!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
DD practices 2-3 times per week and has 6 in her current size and 3 in the next size up (which technically also fits right now, but is slightly baggy). She also doesn't know but she is getting one for Christmas. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back