Parents National TOPS testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I found out this morning my daughter made the A team!! She came out of testing the second day looking defeated and cried thinking she failed somehow, such a perfectionist. I did not know what to think. As I got some of the details I thought to myself its not that bad, however you never know. As I dropped her off at practice this morning everyone else knew but us. The coach made a formal announcement, it was a total surprise. She cried when she heard. I am so proud and happy for her.
Congratulations! That is Awesome!

I found out this morning my daughter made the A team!! She came out of testing the second day looking defeated and cried thinking she failed somehow, such a perfectionist. I did not know what to think. As I got some of the details I thought to myself its not that bad, however you never know. As I dropped her off at practice this morning everyone else knew but us. The coach made a formal announcement, it was a total surprise. She cried when she heard. I am so proud and happy for her.
Congrats Sidnito for your daughter. That is great news! We don't know our results yet. Still waiting, patiently. What age group was she?

question about testing...does your gym have to participate in something in order for your child to be evaluated for testing?

question about testing...does your gym have to participate in something in order for your child to be evaluated for testing?

Hi Kimmypei, Talk to your coaches. It is something they have to agree to participate in I believe since everything is coordinated through them and the gym. The program also helps train them to coach toward the elite level as I have read here on CB.

So excited for all of you! Making national testing and camp is a huge accomplishment! My DD did national testing when she was 9 and 10, and made B team as a 10 yo. She is 13 now, and I miss the excitement of it all...even the impatient waiting :) Fingers crossed for those of you that haven't found out yet!

If anybody has any TOPS info, would you mind posting it? Our gym doesn't have the best communication, and I'm curious about cutoff scores, etc.

Min
My DD 8 ended up with an 81 so did not make camp. I'm so proud of her for handling this news today with maturity and grace. I could learn from her resilience.

Like your daughter mine missed camp last year by a few tenths of a point. She worked hard over the last year and made it this year. Making it down there means she is GOOD. So keep up the hard work and hopefully she can make it next year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back