nationals for 2015

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does this mean they scrapped the 5-7 t&t nationals (I know it's a separate meet) or do they just announce that separately, later? I thought I read somewhere that 5-7 nationals wouldn't be until July, so maybe there is no hurry on that one at all?

Seriously? North Carolina? Weren't we just in that part of the country? I think it is only about 500 miles away from Louisville! Way to go USAG...Not!

(no disrespect intended for the folks in NC...this just is a drag for those of us who live in other parts of the country.)

Are they serious?
  1. Audio-Visual Recording. No video cameras of any kind are allowed, and using cell phones to record video is also prohibited. No portion of the event may be recorded in any form, including audio, without prior written approval from USA Gymnastics.
  2. Photography. All images taken during the event are for personal use only, and any commercial use, distribution or sale is prohibited. The use of professional equipment is strictly prohibited, including cameras with detachable lenses or lenses greater than 35MM, tripods and monopods. No flash photography or strobes of any kind.
Any person(s) using or attempting to use any such equipment may, at the sole discretion of USA Gymnastics, be subject to immediate ejection from the venue and may be refused entry to other events sponsored by or affiliated with USA Gymnastics.
USA Gymnastics reserves the right to film or record the performance for any purpose.

Are they serious?
  1. Audio-Visual Recording. No video cameras of any kind are allowed, and using cell phones to record video is also prohibited. No portion of the event may be recorded in any form, including audio, without prior written approval from USA Gymnastics.
  2. Photography. All images taken during the event are for personal use only, and any commercial use, distribution or sale is prohibited. The use of professional equipment is strictly prohibited, including cameras with detachable lenses or lenses greater than 35MM, tripods and monopods. No flash photography or strobes of any kind.
Any person(s) using or attempting to use any such equipment may, at the sole discretion of USA Gymnastics, be subject to immediate ejection from the venue and may be refused entry to other events sponsored by or affiliated with USA Gymnastics.
USA Gymnastics reserves the right to film or record the performance for any purpose.

Seriously? They've gotta be joking

Can anyone give a logical reason for this? I understand not wanting other professional photographers taking pics for profit, but we should be able to video our own kids.

Just write them in advance and ask if you can record your 9 year old level 8's trampoline routine with your cell phone so that her Grandma that can't attend can watch it. I'm sure if they get several of those types of request they will let it go.

USA Gymnastics is just forgetting that parents are the ones who fork over all the money to attend nationals...if they keep making decisions based on money and petty rules, the parents will decide to spend their money elsewhere. I know I would rather take the family to Hawaii next summer than go to another city with nothing to do (and have to travel so far yet again). I would rather take my family on a Cruise where I can videotape them doing all sorts of stuff, then not be able to record a 90 second routine.

Seriously? North Carolina? Weren't we just in that part of the country? I think it is only about 500 miles away from Louisville! Way to go USAG...Not!

(no disrespect intended for the folks in NC...this just is a drag for those of us who live in other parts of the country.)
I hate to tell you this, but if u have not notice there are hotels attached the the venue. The closest hotel which is already sold out is over able away. You will need the rent a car too.

I hate to tell you this, but if u have not notice there are hotels attached the the venue. The closest hotel which is already sold out is over able away. You will need the rent a car too.
Sorry I meant to say there are NO hotels attached to the venue. No hotels are within walking distance

Does anyone know if the area hotels will have shuttles to and from the venue? I noticed most of the hotels charge parking, so in addition to renting a car you will need to pay a daily parking fee.

Does anyone know if the area hotels will have shuttles to and from the venue? I noticed most of the hotels charge parking, so in addition to renting a car you will need to pay a daily parking fee.
The hotels I talked to do not shuttle to the venue, and they said the road to the venue is not walkable. Parking at the venue can be as high as $20.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back