WAG Chalk

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

em-gymnast

Gymnast
Just out of curiosity, about how much chalk does your gym go through (like on a daily or weekly basis)? I'm wondering if our gym overuses chalk or is average.

Really depends on the size of the gym and number of kids using it. What makes you think your gym overuses it?

Well, we have a fairly small gym. Each day (for team) there's probably about 30-40 USAG girls and maybe 20-30 IGC, depending in the day. I think for all of us we go through around 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 blocks per day, just an estimate. I was just wondering because our coach is always mad at us for using too much chalk (although I think the real culprits are the young compulsory girls)

Well, we have a fairly small gym. Each day (for team) there's probably about 30-40 USAG girls and maybe 20-30 IGC, depending in the day. I think for all of us we go through around 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 blocks per day, just an estimate. I was just wondering because our coach is always mad at us for using too much chalk (although I think the real culprits are the young compulsory girls)

Does everyone wear grips?

As long and you're using chalk for the right reason aka for grip when you need it. You shouldn't be over using it. All kids have their own comfort levels when using chalk, some like to use a lot, some barely any at all. Make sure it stays in the chalk bowl and isn't places anywhere else to get wasted you should be fine. Just don't restrict chalk use!

Exactly. I only restrict kids from using chalk to draw all sorts of funny shapes on themselves - or their teammates. We all know they'd love to do that all day long if we let them!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back