DD quit dance to pursue gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pirouette

Proud Parent
Hello! I'm excited to have joined this forum. I've been reading for a couple of months and have learned a lot, and have also been completely confused by a lot, lol. My daughter is 11 and was a competitive dancer until June, when she switched to gymnastics. She'd taken acro at the dance studio and tramp & tumble at the gym for a couple of years prior to switching. We feel fortunate to be at a gym that allows an older child to give the team option a shot. She likes the challenge of team! I look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

My older dd12 is still a competitive dancer, and I'm a bit anxious about spring weekends! We're going to be busy for sure!

Welcome! I am a dance mom and a gym mom too. I love your name and it's funny how it means two very different things in the gym world and the dance world!

We have many dance/gym moms on the site including our admin MaryA. Welcome to CB if you are confused about anything just ask.

My DD does gym, used to dance competitively as well. We had one year of team with both and I almost lost it! She had to pick and she picked gymnastics team but she still dances one night a week.

I was a dancer and a gymnast. I chose gymnastics over dance because dance was just not as challenge.

She's taking one hip-hop class, just to hang out with some friends and have fun. Ballet is not something she will miss! (although she was pretty good at it) She was explaining the difference between jazz turns, ballet pirouettes, and gym pirouettes to me, which is how I came up with the user name. :)

Hi and welcome! I'm another dance/gym mom. My oldest is the dancer and came from pre-pro classical ballet... This will be her first season as a comp dancer (she just turned 13). My gymmie used to take dance (hip hop, musical theater, jazz) but doesn't have time or money for that anymore... She's 10.
Competition season is going to be VERY interesting here too, since the two activities run simultaneously... :)

Us too! My older does competative dance, and younger did both rec dance and gymnastics until she got put on the team in June. She had to choose, so this is her first year without dance. So far, we only have ONE conflict this season! Crossing my fingers nothing changes.... :)

We still don't have the gym meet schedule and it's driving me crazy! We've had the dance weekends (for dd12) scheduled since early September, and I really want to know how many conflicts there will be!

We still don't have the gym meet schedule and it's driving me crazy! We've had the dance weekends (for dd12) scheduled since early September, and I really want to know how many conflicts there will be!

A lot! My oldest (12) quit gym for ballet and lyrical and my younger one (9) is a gymmie through and through. Last year all of her competitions overlapped with weekends of gym meets. It sucked! How do you pick? I chose to alternate and have family come in to help out the one that I couldn't go to.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back