WAG Some questions about grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been using tape grips for a while made out of athletics tape but I find that the tape around my wrists slip a lot. Does anyone know how to stop this happening?
Also, I have been thinking of switching to palm guards but I was wondering if they take a while to break in? I only do twenty minutes on bars a week so I'm worried that using them will create more problems if I can't wear them in than the problems I get with tape grips.
Furthermore, has anyone had experience with either Gymnastic Planet or Gymnastic Express for buying grips as I'm trying to get them from a British supplier to avoid large delivery costs?
Thanks

I have been using tape grips for a while made out of athletics tape but I find that the tape around my wrists slip a lot. Does anyone know how to stop this happening?
Also, I have been thinking of switching to palm guards but I was wondering if they take a while to break in? I only do twenty minutes on bars a week so I'm worried that using them will create more problems if I can't wear them in than the problems I get with tape grips.
Furthermore, has anyone had experience with either Gymnastic Planet or Gymnastic Express for buying grips as I'm trying to get them from a British supplier to avoid large delivery costs?
Thanks
Without seeing, a couple of things come to mind. Latex free tape doesn't stick as well as the tape with Latex. You can spray some tape adhesive on your wrists first (Tuff Skin). Make sure when putting them on that your hand is flat. If it is bent too much towards your bicep, it will pull on the wrist tape when you straighten your hand.
For only 20 minutes a week, I would probably pass on the palm guards. And yes, most of those need a little break in, although some companies make some really soft ones that don't need much. Good luck. :)

DD has the deer leather version of the gymnasics express manique palm guards, they took a practice or 2 to get used to but no "breaking in" time as they are super soft. She has had them for 18 months so last pretty well too.

Thanks for the help! I'll try using tape grips for a bit longer but will probably end up using the palm guards now I know the Gymnastic Express ones have a good reputation!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back