Coaches Vault workout

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymcoach4

Coach
Proud Parent
Just looking for some new ideas to mix our vault rotation up a little bit. How do you run your vault workouts? We have 45 minute rotations.
Our vault area consists of 2 vaults - 1 into a pit, 1 onto the floor. tumble strip into pit, small floor area, tumble track (shared with floor), and 1 trampoline (shared with floor).
I change it up occasionally but currently I split the girls into 2 groups (usually 6-10 kids total in a rotation). Half the girls stay on the floor vault and have been vaulting up. Then they have a few side stations on the small floor area to work on - standing fulls if they twist, block off wall and twist for handspring full-ers, backhandspring to handstand, etc. The other half pit vault (can put mats in the pit if they want), then do tumble strip into pit, and tramp stations. They work out 4 days a week, so each week they vault up two days and into the pit 2 days. I feel splitting them has been helpful as it keeps them separated more (less chit-chat/distractions) - the side stations for floor vault are on one side of the runways, the tramp stations are on the other side.
This summer they had a longer warm up - where they pretty much did a certain number of each station before they could start vaulting.

How do you run your vault rotations? I only coach vault, so not interested in the other events ;) Looking for ways to make our rotations more productive.

I dont know how to edit my original posting..that was for the optional groups. Feel free to post how you run compulsories if it's different than optional.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back