Parents Confession time- who's Dd's have extra Leo's? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think there should be a Leo anonymous. I can't resist the compulsion to buy more. Between my two DD's we probably have 40. Might I add the girls wear the same size

This thread makes me feel better. My dd works out 2-3 times a week and has 8 practice leos. She also has her competition leo.

For theater/dance she has 2 more a white one and a tan one, to wear under costumes.

I definitely don't understand wearing ones that fit years ago. My dd finds they hurt when they get too small.

Wow. I am a terrible, terrible mother. I think my daughter probably needs to call social services. She possesses a grand total of 3 leotards <hangs head in shame>. But, thanks to my being led astray by my CB friends, I have now ordered a hot fix crystal wand so they will soon be the sparkliest leotards her gym has ever seen, so that's ok right?

Where do you buy your leos? DD has 3 that fit, but I was thinking of getting a few more for Christmas. I'm looking for more affordable options, since I'm sure she's headed for a growth spurt soon.

This is so funny.. My girls are both in their 20s,(one a new mom herself).. They always had more leos that clothes and to this day each still have at least 25 they refuse to part with. They have passed along some over the years and even sold a some but, basically still have a bin at my house with about 50 in it.

I buy some from GK/Snowflake, but most of them are from Etsy. They're not the cheapest, but they handmade ones are REALLY well made, and I like that they're unique. She's not wearing the same leo as anyone else. Plus I like supporting other moms' home businesses.

Love this thread! I just ordered three more leos and felt guilty about it. After reading all these confessions, I don't feel guilty anymore!

@MAcastsalot - I ordered the three mentioned above from Dancewearsolutions. They have 60 days return policy (but no returns on clearance items), so still good after Christmas. They also have free shipping on orders over $100 (I ordered mine last week when it was $50 free shipping special).
Another site we have some leos from is Allaboutdance. My favorite thing about this site is free shipping on orders over $25 and free returns/exchanges (I ordered too small sizes last year so I had to send them back for one size up exchanges). My girls own the metallic camisole leos and the velvet ones and love them.

My dd has at least 25 leos. We get a ton of hand me downs from girls at the gym. She is at gym 4 days a week and cycles through most of them over the month.

My daughter just turned 5. If she keeps loving gymnastics as much as she has for the past two years, there will be many, many more leotards, I'm sure. When she started taking classes without me (a big step), I bought her one. When she turned 4, we bought another, and for Christmas last year, a third. For her birthday last month, she received two more. For now, new leotards are very special purchases. She is in the gym three or four times a week, and she has three that fit her well. The first two are finally getting a bit tight in the length.

The trouble I find, is that when your child spends ALL their waking time doing, thinking about or wanting to do gymnastics, what do you get them for presents ? Equipment options are limited, Santa has already got the floor beam and mat covered, daddy made a passable pair of paralettes one year. There aint much else and she has Christmas and birthday every year from us and all the rellies.

She doesn't get clothes ( she's never in anything except leggings or trackies out of gym as nothing else fits her, and where would she wear it ?) she doesn't play with dolls, our house is stuffed with books, and I don't let them have electronics in their room ( there is a family TV, Wii and computer). So we are stuck. Shiny sparkly things are good !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is exactly where we are right now. dd has so many gymnastics related hoodies. She has posters, bags, has no need of any new guards or practical kit at the moment. She lives in school uniform or gym gear, reads but has a kindle and more books than we have room for, no interest in game type machines (thankfully).

Leotard is the default pressie finder. One arrived off of ebay today and it's sooo lovely. Trouble is that it's me that can't wait and I will give it to her today so I can see her train in it tonight. No will power at all.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is exactly where we are right now. dd has so many gymnastics related hoodies. She has posters, bags, has no need of any new guards or practical kit at the moment. She lives in school uniform or gym gear, reads but has a kindle and more books than we have room for, no interest in game type machines (thankfully).

Leotard is the default pressie finder. One arrived off of ebay today and it's sooo lovely. Trouble is that it's me that can't wait and I will give it to her today so I can see her train in it tonight. No will power at all.
I did the same thing last week. I bought her one of the Aly ones from GK on sale, and it was supposed to be for Christmas. I lasted three days before I gave it to her.

Fortunately the eBay sellers I buy from take a while to make them, so the rest will come closer to Christmas. Shopping ahead is dangerous!

I'm the same- but hey other mums buy cute clothes for their daughters to wear and they put them on straight away :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back