WAG At least she has goals...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aksaunders

Proud Parent
This is the homework assignment that my 8 yo DD turned in for school. I thought that it was amusing that she knows exactly what she wants. Anyone else have a little one who has her mind made up already with what she wants to do with her life?

Attachments

• goals.jpg
    goals.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 289
I love it!! And yes, my 6 year old DD plans to compete in the Olympics, be on the local college gym team and be a marine biologist when she graduates. Her life is all planned out! Lol.

Well, if she competes L9 this year and gets 9.5 on all her events at all her meets, everything else should follow as a matter of course!
LOL. She checked off number 3 already. She is starting off this year as a L8 so depending on what head coach wants, she may get to knock L9 off this year too. I am not in a big hurry though since she just turned 9 two weeks ago.

I love it!! And yes, my 6 year old DD plans to compete in the Olympics, be on the local college gym team and be a marine biologist when she graduates. Her life is all planned out! Lol.
There is something about these young gymnasts being driven and setting goals for themselves. If only all our kids had these kind of plans, right?

Off topic, but I love that she writes in cursive. I love our local schools, but they no longer teach cursive. Guess I will have to teach my kids myself.

And yes, it's good to have goals!

My daughter wants to be a marine biologist too! That or a polar scientist. She wrote to David Attenborough just before Christmas, and said how much she admires his work, and asked him some questions. In the early new year, she received a letter from England. He'd *handwritten* a letter back, and answered all her questions. What an absolute gentleman, and a huge inspiration to her!

She did previously want to get a Nobel Prize for chemistry to add to her planned Olympic medal, but she's revised down her goals and decided the Nobel Prize is no longer necessary. ;)

She decided that she'd like to go to Germany for university because there, university education is paid for by the government. I pointed out to her that for foreign students, they probably still have to pay. She looked downcast. I suggested to her that she might try for a US university gymnastic scholarship. She said, "yes, by then I will have been to the Olympics, so surely they'd take me." :rolleyes:

My elder daughter (not a gymnast, and not *driven* like her sister) sometimes feels lost that she doesn't know what she wants to do after finishing her schooling. We have to reassure her that most people don't know at her age, and they certainly don't have it all planned out like her younger sister does!

I love hearing everyone's aspirations! I might jump on the being a bear bandwagon when I grow up! ;)

My daughter has decided that she will be getting a full ride to Boston College and spend summers down at Disney World, training to be the future CEO of Disney. She said she will take being the CEO of Johnson & Johnson if Disney doesn't pan out. LOL

D has decided he will go to law school, you know, while he is an olympic gymnast. (that is exactly how he said it too, very nonchalant!)

After Stanford DD (age 9) will be working as a marine mammal vet at Sea World and live in a much fancier house than her brother who wants to teach kindergarten. But seriously it sounds like your DD is in the right place to reach these goals. :)

Really interesting how lots of our gymmies want animal based careers- after the Olympics where she will win gold on everything mine will be a zoologist :)

Really interesting how lots of our gymmies want animal based careers- after the Olympics where she will win gold on everything mine will be a zoologist :)

Well, I hope she isn't going to the 2018 Olympics because that's when MY DD will be winning her gold medals. In four years....she's going to compete 8 this season (as a 10YO keep in mind), then do a season each at 9 and 10. Then she will "go" elite and "they" will want her for the Olympic team. Ta. Da.

Well, I hope she isn't going to the 2018 Olympics because that's when MY DD will be winning her gold medals. In four years....she's going to compete 8 this season (as a 10YO keep in mind), then do a season each at 9 and 10. Then she will "go" elite and "they" will want her for the Olympic team. Ta. Da.

And in what sport will she be competing in 2018?? :):p:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back